1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo'd my TDI yesterday....

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by MattS3, Jul 20, 2005.

1. MattS3

MattS3 Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gifFinally got round to it, my '00 115PD Avant has been Revo'd!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

What a difference! There's an incredible improvement from around 1700 rpm in every gear; it's tyre blisteringly, tarmac tearingly, arse puckeringly awesome!!

So far I've just driven just 15 miles including some motorway but it is very, very impressive. It's so damned quick to 95.....

Compared with my 110 saloon which has been upped to 143bhp (checked on the rollers at TSR Performance), I'd say the 115 now has 20bhp more than that.

Definitely a worthwhile modification but with one drawback - now I need to sort out the suspension and brakes; any suggestions?
  2. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

Tubtub, if your tyres have blistered, the tarmac is torn and more disturbingly, your arse is puckered after 15 miles... may I suggest

1. Sell the car now before you do yourself and the road network more damage

Or preferrably

2. Have a chat with Bupa and enjoy the power anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Quite a turn round as your car was struggling earlier was it not?

Rick
  3. MattS3

MattS3 Member

Maybe I'm too easily pleased....

It was a bit sick after I bought it but replacing the MAF sensor cured that.

Now it's time to have fun......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif
  4. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

LOL- good clean fun!
  5. tubtub

tubtub Member

Just got back from a few days in France.... spent last weekend driving backwards and forwards to a race meeting at Chimay in Belgium - the Revo'd TDI shaved half an hour off the journey time compared with my mate in his Alfa 156 oil burner....
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
  6. imported_kosh

imported_kosh Guest

Just popped the revo treatment on my baby, 175ph and 280 pb torque , love it big big tocks , only prob is had new pads yesterday and by f**k they dont harf smoke ( thought satin was sitting on the front rims with mr biffta ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , is this normal due to brakes bedding in ?????? advice please
  7. tubtub

tubtub Member

Hey...what gives?? MattS3 has kidnapped my posts!