1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo Stage 2+ with KMD fuel pump internals from JBS

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by warren_S5, May 27, 2009.

1. block

block Member

Well ive run some vag com logs and the most mine pulls is 1.3 bar which seems a bit low or is it cos the intake temps were 38 degrees? is there any way of checking the operation of the dv using the wastegate duty cycle figures in vag com?
  2. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

I think that's just GIAC - which is less "boost-y" and more linear in nature than Revo. I'm sure someone else did Vagcom logs with GIAC and got 1.3 also. If I find the thread I'll post it up. Doesn't mean GIAC is slower than Revo (before a GIAC v Revo row erupts) - just that it delivers power in a slightly different way.

Its a 2 minute job to pop the DV off and check it for leaks/tears. I don't think its going to be that though.
  3. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

4. block

block Member

ive had a look at that thread iggu but i still feel its a little low at 1.3 bar boost, it would be interesting to here jonnys thoughts on this or revo carls?
    i might give jim at star a bell and see what he thinks it should boost to.

block.
  5. Jamiekip

Jamiekip Member

Iggu - when I see you on the 7th, lets run some checks on my car with GIAC too... see what that holds.

I agree with your comment about Revo and GIAC - both great products delivering a similar result, but no doubt achieved in very different ways ;)
  6. wolfbane1967

wolfbane1967 Member

Hi

How do i read HP and Boost in my vag-com ??
  7. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

Boost is measuring block 115 - you can't read HP.
  8. wolfbane1967

wolfbane1967 Member

Thank you
  9. block

block Member

I suppose as long as actual boost follows requested boost then it must just be how giac works. i'll check that next.
  10. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

If that isn't happening then you do have a problem (boost leak, DV problems, etc.)
  11. robdf2

robdf2 New Member

Hi mate just came across this thread , and i am thinking anout just changing my downpipe and cat and keeping the standard cat back exhaust and going stage 2+ , did you notice any noise increase in doing this?

Cheers

Rob.
  12. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

I doubt it would be much louder as I have the full system and this is only louder under hard load and on initial cold start up.

In hindsight I'd be tempted to give it a go with downpipe only next time around and save a few quid if you encounter any problems it can always be retro-fitted.
  13. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

Having spent some time following Jamiekip I can tell you that the DP & Sport CAT combo is definately louder and sounds great in a civilised manner. How much louder than TBE I don't know.