Revo SPS1 or 3 ??

mvanhala

Reaction score
Well it went as I thought... no way to resist the REVO treatment. I had my A3T REVO'd on Saturday with the 5hr trial s/w and it really made the car fly.

So, currently the only open question is whether to get the enduring s/w with SPS1 or SPS3. Any recommendations or experiences? SPS3 owners, have you found it useful to alter boost and timing in normal non-track circumstances? Is it worth the extra €€€ ? I intend to run the car with 98 unleaded all the time so no need for tweaking there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

-M

I had the standard program uploaded to my car and drove on that for a while, Then i oredered the SPS3 and dial in a higher boost and OH MY GOD ! U should have seen my grin, ear to ear !! and that wasnt even on super dooper high boost. If you get the SPS1 u'll always wish u that u should have got the SPS 3. Its brilliant, being able to play around with ur boost and timing all within the engines limit is great, makes u feel in control and besides im sure its a great bragging point to ur friends !!
Dont regret, buy today ... "credit cards welcome"

Do you get the Anti Theft option on SPS1? Thats quite a neat feature...

Dunc

I've seen a Revo'd Golf 1.8T with the default settings (low boost 9) on the rollers at Stealth in Northants.

It performed extremely well to say the car was absolutely standard apart from the remap. Peak power was 209BHP and torque was 236 lbs/ft. The curves were nice and smooth and showed a good spread of torque throughout the rev range.

There was a Revo'd Ibiza Cupra that went on the rollers that day as well, he was running high boost 9. His figures were 214BHP and 244lbs/ft of torque.

The guy who owned the Golf that I mentioned above borrowed someones SPS3 switch on the day and flicked his car up to high boost 9. The grin on his face when he came back from a test drive said it all. It made a big difference. I guess for the extra that it costs the SPS3 is worth having.

It's important to note after alot of negative comments about Revo over the last few weeks that ALL the Revo tuned cars put on the rollers that day (8 in total) performed extremely well. As did most of the other tuned cars (Oettinger, APR, MTM) with a couple of exceptions.

No matter who the tuner is any car can have a bad day on the rollers, it doesn't necessarily mean the software is at fault.

Revo is a great product, but so as not to appear biased like some other people on here, just bear in mind that there are other chip tuners out there who also have great products. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,

Christian

LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Strangely enough, no.

Christian