1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo Software

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Dazzeroo, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Dazzeroo

Dazzeroo Member

Inorder to remap my S3 8P with Revo software, do I need to visit a Revo dealer or can you buy hardware with the software installed so i can do it myself?

Just wondering as I live in Aberdeen and the nearest dealer is over 60 miles away!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Has to be a dealer visit, unless you can get an agent to come to you or meet halfway.
    iirc REVO have £100 off at the minute.

Good luck
    Paul

4. Dazzeroo

Dazzeroo Member

Thanks Paul, bit of a pain that. My last car was an ST and loved the fact the Dreamscience product.

Would anyone recommend Bluefin over Revo?

5. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

The feedback on Bluefin seems to be indifferent and people have been pretty underwhelmed by the gains on the S3.
    I had planned to go for Bluefin but after a bit of research decided against and went back to REVO for those reasons.
    Staz has Bluefin but iirc and was only happy with his after some custom mapping.

Superchips do a 7 return on the Bluefin product so you can always send it back if you are not happy.

There is a 50-100 mile post map period where your ECU will adapt and the gains will seem to increase slightly, however from my experience there should be a significant difference imediately after the software has been installed so make sure you can feel that `before and after` difference.

My advice would be to have a run out to you nearest REVO guy and hand your money over. I did a 100mile round trip to have mine done and its a minor inconvenience for the end product, remeber too that the trip back will be a lot more fun and a lot quicker!

Good luck
    Paul

6. Dazzeroo

Dazzeroo Member

Good point actually! Perhaps i should schedule a wee visit to Dundee after all!

Thanks!

7. dc240969

dc240969 Member

Perth. Would come to you, possibly.

8. elton121272

elton121272 Active Member

Would recommend Stewart @ Performance VAG - he came to me in Glasgow and the service was first class. Drop him an email and mention me.
    www.performancevag.com
    stewart@performancevag.com

9. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

Never heard of these guys, might have gone Revo if I knew at the time but Im happy with GIAC right now. A bit inconvenient having to wait till holidays to go to Stattler in Sheffield or drive all the way to kirckaldy for a new map though :-\

10. Dazzeroo

Dazzeroo Member

Thanks Elton, I've just sent him an email. I'll let you know how i get on :)

11. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Had mine Revo'd yesterday at Awesome GTI and I'm well impresssed!

Car goes much better, well worth the cash.

And I took advantage of the £100 christmas offer, so it was a bargain!