1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo select plus

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Samp20v, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Samp20v

Samp20v New Member

[Dec 18, 2008]
    Hi guys,

Right my car is a 1.8T A3 which currently has a stage1 Revo re-map.
    I plan to fit a 3" downpipe and matching system from someone like miltek or similar, along with the air filter and hopefully a FMIC, now can i make the necessary adjustments to gain my full potential from these mods using my Revo select plus unit, to effectively take it to stage 2 programming, or do i actually need to have a stage 2 map uploaded to it???

The select plus "should" according to the instructions be able to tell me which settings i currently have loaded with regards to boost, timing and fueling but this function does not seem to work, does anyone know what settings they are usually set to by most Revo dealers? settings 1 to 9 i believe???
    I want to know where i am now, so i can make changes to it, but be able to go back to the original Revo settings.

Any help appreciated :beerchug:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. dan77

dan77 dan77

[Dec 18, 2008]
    just got my select plus the other week so this is all pretty fresh in my head, have you got select the select plus with the A,B and C settings, if so these are your custom settings IIRC, the standard setting that revo load is the 2 position, so you can always go back to that, not sure if you can map it to a stage 2 yourself but you can deffinately tweak some settings, also have you got the little booklet that came with the switch REVO usually write the settings on the back page before they dispatch it, just checked my booklet and my performance default settings are
    Boost - 6
    Timing - 2
    Air/fuel ratio 9

hope this helps
  4. Carl.S

Carl.S Member

[Dec 18, 2008]
    yes you will need stage2 as you will get a CEL becaue of your planned exhaust setup, but don't worry! it's a minimal upgrade charge of £50+VAT! :)

as for your selec plus, take your laptop to your car with your switch and go to adjust revo settings, then just aquire the ecu settings by pressing the aquire button next to the ECU section!

dan that defalt is a really tame base setting for 95ron fuel! if you're running 97+ ron you sould be able to run around 4 or 5.....maybe more!
  5. dan77

dan77 dan77

[Dec 18, 2008]
    Yeah the guys at APD explained it all, i only had mine done a few weeks back, ive got to take the car back once ive put a few tanks of 97 through it and there gonna do a proper set up for me, will i notice big improvement runnin 97 with the proper settings?
  6. Carl.S

Carl.S Member

[Dec 18, 2008]

the only phrase that comes to mind is dear god yes!
  7. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 18, 2008]
    When I first run 99 Ron on the correct settings it was much nippier...which was nice.
  8. Carl.S

Carl.S Member

[Dec 18, 2008]
    lol! you know it was better than nice.....;)
  9. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 18, 2008]
    Hell Yeah...I like the way it plants you into the seat.
    "torquey bit of kit" was what a mate said of my little old hatchback
  10. Samp20v

Samp20v New Member

[Dec 18, 2008]
    Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!
    Yeah thats the select plus i have, with the A,B,C settings.
    I might make some tweaks, but at least now i have some confirmed settings to go back to, i always run mine on optimax but not sure that it was originally programmed for that so hopefully got something to gain from a little more timing.

That is what i tried to get the current settings carl, but it failed to get data iirc, the same thing happens on both my car and my mates 8P A3 with Revo???? any ideas?

Ok ill have the stage 2 upgrade done when i get the exhaust then, but as i will be fitting the exhaust myself, do you think its best to fit the components first, then go get the stage 2 re-map, or get the re-map then fit the parts? or isnt there much difference anyway?

And would i be right in thinking that say, boost or fuel or timing setting 7 for example, on stage 1, will be different to setting 7 on stage 2???

Thanks again.
  11. Carl.S

Carl.S Member

[Dec 19, 2008]
    you need to search for your ecu type..... give me a call in the office tomorrow on 01327 301 901 and i'll tell you how :)