1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo Remap problem

jbee3 Jun 23, 2013

1. jbee3

jbee3 Member

Hi there - a few weeks ago i had my 2004 A4 Avant 190 Quattro remapped with the Revo Stage 1. I'm no expert on these things but apparently it took my car from 190 to 225 bhp.

I only use Shell V Power in the car (From a few weeks before the remap right until now).

The first few weeks the car was totally transformed. Especially in second, third and fifth gear i noticed a massive difference in the powerband. In second and third acceleration was addictive and accompanied by a big whooshing sound.

I was really enjoying a new lease of life for what is quite an old car really.

However from Friday the car seems to have gone back to stock. When I floor it in second and third I do get the sort of whooshing sound but no surge in acceleration. The car also doesn't seem to be driving very smoothly and 'miles left' numbers have plumetted from 420 on a full tank to only 250!

Any ideas??

Justin

2. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

I take it you had a before and after rolling road run?

Have you had it scanned for faults? Could be a split hose etc.

3. jbee3

jbee3 Member

Hi there - no I didn't get that done - was that something the dealer should have done?

The car actually went in for a new aircon compressor at Russell Automotive. They gave the car a check over and found two oil leaking items which they replaced. They said they didn't touch the ECU and that it would not be affected.

4. jbee3

jbee3 Member

What is a split hose? Is it expensive to fix? Is there any way i can tell just by opening the bonnet? What should i look for?

5. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

what he means by a split hose is the pipes connecting to your intercoolers could be split cracked or broken etc,you can check by inspecting them for air leaks.

6. arch-stanton

arch-stanton Member

Sounds like your car is a B6 to me? ..

In any case, as has been said already, get it scanned for faults... but I would already be looking towards the diverter valve.. the extra boost from the re-map could have split the rubber diaphragm.. it's such a common problem..

7. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

if it was a B7 2.0 fsit id say DV
    so are you b6 b7 1.8 or 2,0 ?

8. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

If they disconnected the battery is there a chance it has reverted back to basic revo settings?

9. deburgh999

deburgh999 Member

Getting my b7 1.8t remapped this week by revo, am I right saying if the battery is disconnected it loses the map in some shape or form?

10. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

you dont loose map with batt been removed

11. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Well-Known Member

I used to run a Leon cupra r 1.8t 20v 225, yours is a similar engine apart from the internals. I would go straight to the stock diverter valve. You will find this connected to your intake pipe. The standard diverter can in no way take a re map. Under high boost it simply blows open and stays open, hence the whooshing sound. The best replacement for this is a forge 007p or in my case I went for the forge splitter r as it is fully adjustable. About of a pain to set up, but in the end it will be way more responsive. I would still have it plugged in to check that I'm right. But from past experience, I would start and probably end with the diverter :)