Revo remap on 2.0Tdi DSG

mikep

Reaction score
Website
www.pragamtik-ict.co.uk
OK heres' the griff after yesterday's session at Revo.

I tested first production map for the 2.0Tdi DSG with Mitchell from Revo yesterday, he then made a couple of adjustments which removed the hole in the midrange and really smoothed out the lower end. This has the effect of removing the 'driveline shunt' effect from the gearbox. Basically its very smooth and much more tractable. It felt like my old manual PD150 Golf with the stage 2 remap.

We took the car to Stealth Racing for 3 RR runs, apart from problems with the gearbox not wanting to shift if the handbrake was on everything went smoothly. The car made 187.7bhp @ 3843 rpm and 293.9lb ft @ 3010 rpm, the three runs were virtually identical and the curves are very smooth. (I'll post them once they're scanned).

Revo have a PD140 Gof which makes 203 bhp and 317lb ft, but the curves look like the North Face of the Eiger, so the next piece of work is to take the settings from my car apply them to the Golf and then adjust the fuelling up by 2mg/sec and see if the curves come out as smooth. If so that will become the Stage 2 map, which should give 200bhp and 300lb ft.

I now have a car which is very smooth, the DSG work beautifully and still does 50+mpg even when given some stick. Yup I'm happy!

Nice results, must be a whole bunch quicker!!
Good news about the fuel consumption too, best of all worlds then really.

Edited to remove last question, already answered in the 0-100 thread.

Any info on pricing?

How long does the remap take?

And is yours a quattro? If not, how do the front wheels take to the increase in torque?

Have they finally released it then...?

They will be out with the dealers next week. Ther new SPP programming boxes are being packaged for shipping now. The new SPSs have been programmed to switch old and new stuff, there's been a huge amount of work done to prepare for this. But the Revo new hardware works in both CAN-Bus and serial modes.

There are about a dozen new codes for the 2.0T and TDi, manual and DSG, covering the A3, Golf, Altea and Octavia. The Leon stuff will follow on shortly.

It's taken a while, but its certainly been worth the wait. The new dealer software is much better and quicker to upload to the ecu. And it's all switchable, as its Revo! (Quick plug there!)

[ QUOTE ]
The 2.0T makes 260bhp and 300lb ft in Stage 1 tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

****** hell! Might have to get me some of that!!!

I already have and its ****** good (not Revo though)

MikeP had to laugh as you said the same thing (about it being released next week) last week... and its still not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

I dont doubt Revo's ability having used their code before but they really have fannied around getting this finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Cupramax, totally agree about the 'ready soon' release date, but hey I've seen the new stuff and got the new code on the car, so I'm confident. The lack of an offering has cost a lot in lost business but no-one else offers switchable code on these engines.

mike p tell me more whats it like out on the road?? i have a dragon tuning box on mine and find the torque impressive however the top end flattens off very quickly,is it worth me going for this??

The car feels much more lively and flexible with the DSG, pickup is better than the Steinbauer box I tested earlier this year, even though that gave a slightly higher torque figure.

I also find that the shift pattern is easier to predict and less likely to catch you out going into corners.

If you can get a good price for the Dragon box on ebay, then go for it. But I would say that wouldn't I?

thanks mate,think im gonna go for it let me know when you get it in stock and ill come up there

What about the traction on the front wheels? Is the warning light going mental on the dash when you pull away?

Luggs, I'll pm you when I've got the kit here.

beaker, its much smoother than my old PD150 Golf with the Revo stage 2 remap. Not much evidence of the TCS light.

The 2 stage remaps will be available to anyone with an SPS1.

[ QUOTE ]
I already have and its ****** good (not Revo though)

MikeP had to laugh as you said the same thing (about it being released next week) last week... and its still not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

I dont doubt Revo's ability having used their code before but they really have fannied around getting this finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, agree, "next week" I was told this last week, will they tell me next week again next week or will it be the week after next week???
I'm going to give up and go AMD, there must be something wrong for it to be held up week after week afterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

2 hunderd and 60 little ponys trotting along, I think I might go for it next July when the insurance comes up for renewal.

Here's the link to the RR graphs from the session on Tuesday.

www.pragmatik-ict.co.uk/audi.cms

Sorry they're hard to read but I've already published the figures, we're just showing how the torque and power is delivered across the range.

We felt good smooth curves would be better than headline figures, the guys at Revo are still working to increase the bhp and torque figures, whilst keeping the curves smooth.

Looking good, am tempted to pop into Stealth at some point so I can compare what my LCR did with the new A3. On second thoughts they haven't got 4wd RR have they...

[ QUOTE ]
Looking good, am tempted to pop into Stealth at some point so I can compare what my LCR did with the new A3. On second thoughts they haven't got 4wd RR have they...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem, they just take the Haldex fuse out and run it 2WD, they were testing an S3 there just before they tested my car.

[ QUOTE ]
Not a problem, they just take the Haldex fuse out and run it 2WD, they were testing an S3 there just before they tested my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, forgot about that little trick. Hope it works with the Haldex2 on the new A3's.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, forgot about that little trick. Hope it works with the Haldex2 on the new A3's.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll soon find out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vroom
Crash

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I quickly took Mikes tdi out today, as some of you know I had a tdi S-Line and did 12k miles in it over 6 odd months, and it turns an already nice car into a really, really nice car.

Main things to note, I always had the impression that Revo was a little peaky in their remaps, but this really is not the case, it is very smooth, in fact I will go as far to say that Mikes car felt smoother than my stock car but also alot quicker. Now some of that may be newer DSG software, but it felt great, didn't get as much lag at the start and it just keeps pulling, ran out of road at around 90 I think it was but it was still going strong.

Anyway it has made my mind up to have my A6 tdi revo'd, very, very impressive.
I had my ML270cdi and BMW 320d remapped by superchips and done a few miles in a 130bhp A4 done by AMD so I know what to expect from the other guys.

What happens when you sell it if you've had a remap? I know its switchable but would most people here revert back to stock settings, or advertise the fact that its been remapped?

What would a dealer think when trading in?

I remember a dealer at Glasgow Audi trying to sell me a TDI that had been superchipped when I was looking. He mentioned it as an added 'feature'. I didn't know that Audi endorsed this sort of thing.

It depends where I advertised it.

This is what I put in my add for our ML....

[ QUOTE ]
Superchiped - If the buyer would like the car to have its ECU re-mappped by Superchips I will pay for this, this would give the ML 36bhp more, and an increase in excess of 120 nm at 1700rpm.
The cost of this upgrade is £511+ depending on dealer location, so it would be worth taking me up on this offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I had already had it done, but has added benifits putting the above.

So the REVO upgrade for the TDi DSG comes on one of those stick like devices that enables you to swap back to stock code for dealer visits then?

No the map has to be uploaded by a dealer, its not on the SPS unit. The SPS unit just alows you to switch between stock and performance...

[ QUOTE ]
No the map has to be uploaded by a dealer, its not on the SPS unit. The SPS unit just alows you to switch between stock and performance...

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand now...thanks