REVO or Custom Code???

StevoS3

Reaction score
Thinking about going for a remap before the end of the week, but I'm torn between choices.

So looking for some info on whats the best to go for and what the differences are :think:

2002 S3 225 BAM :wub: lol!

best to search...loads on this

Revo is more agressive and comes in between a narrower rev range more forcefully, CC is smoother and works across more of the rev range..... you'll never get anyone moving from one to the other :)

I wandered what happened to the search, I have been trying for alot of things but I cant find a think :( Im actually almost heart broken lol but yeah revo or cc? :D

I will back Revo to the hilt it is very torquey,you best get a passenger ride in both and then get Revo ;)

I had revo on my TT, then got my 1st S3, had APR stage 2 map on that.. APR very smooth..

I now have another s3 and revo stage 3 is going on it tomoz.. Chosen revo mainly down to fact that the garage whos doing it is 2 mile down road.. Plus he will be doing my big power upgrade later this year

Havn't been in a CC S3 but would defo recommend Revo its made a huge difference and feels great!

Cheers Matt

Sounds like Revo wins the vote lol was thinking about CC cause there doing the stage 1 for £312 and a 40% discount when im ready for the stage 2 upgrade.

I will back Revo to the hilt it is very torquey,you best get a passenger ride in both and then get Revo ;)

I'm the only person I know with 1.8T 20v around here, All my friends decided to get into debt early in life so they cant drive big cars.... serves em right lol

I would go for the one thats closest/most convenient/cheapest for you. Yes the power delivery is different but both will put a huge smile on your face!

I had a Custom Code on my previous Diesel and I loved it!

Like previously stated, you're going to have to go out in both to find out which you prefer. The advantage with the Revo is that they can install a trial for a short period to see what you think of it!

I've been wondering the same thing about a remap.... I think Revo sounds like the one for me then, more of a town driver since i moved down Cheshire end, Don't seem to see much of the open roads nowadays.

I think ur right Rigzi! I stay in and around town so the torque would be the beez kneez.

I would go for the one thats closest/most convenient/cheapest for you. Yes the power delivery is different but both will put a huge smile on your face!

I would go with this bit of advice, it's nice to have some back up down the road should anything go wrong.

Well im only 16 miles from my nearest Revo tuner and 19 for a CC.

If I go for CC, what sort of things should I get to get the best out of the stage one map? Or is it a pre-made map for a standard 225 engine?

... you'll never get anyone moving from one to the other :)

I have flashed people with REVO trial and they did'nt like the abruptness of the power delivery who then wanted smoother custom code
You have the option of course to try REVO with their trial software, and make your own mind up

Pro's of REVO - adjustable if you want to get a Select Cable (on offer currently), punchy code
Pro's of Custom Code - smooth power delivery, less punchy, possibly better suited to 2wd cars...as its tractable power delivery

Price is significantly different between the 2.

yup dont assume Revo is just the best....its probably been around longer which is why theres more with it.... you could do with trying both out as they do feel loads different

Having had a go in 1animal1's S3 i can deffo say its much like standard with how it delivers the power only with more oomph and grin factor, be nice to see what the revo is like in comparison.

Not yet mate, bit skint after chrimbo etc, plus the missus moaning (as usual) about how much the car costs to run blah blah blah.
Hopefully going to get it done sometime before march, tempted to have a revo trial first and see how that performs but dont want the alleged problems after the trial expires.

Well is there anyone in the glasgow area who might be kind enough for offer a passenger ride if anyones got a nice remap.... :sos: lol

I THOUGH THE REVO WAS ONLY £399!!! £475 I dont think is justifiable... I really need to feel what they have to offer to part with that cash for a ****** remap!

If you think thats not justifiable god helps you if something goes wrong with your car

i think its over the top when compared to CC Jase and they can arguably offer a more in depth support as most Revo dealers are essentially trained uploaders of a map that they are trained to change preset settings on ;)

i doubt there's any difference between the respective dealers.......... its down to the guy using the tools and their experience on what to setup to

revo's k04 code is overpriced imho - its old code, and should be dropped in price to the current competetive levels others offer

CC for me. Smoother power thats more like std map and far cheaper!

Both will give a massive improvement over standard. Even £460 is brilliant pound per performance. It really transforms the car IMO. I paid £350 for CC package

No no, things have went wrong with my car and I fine well know how much its costs to fix lol

Clutch was the first one that done in my wallet then I couldnt figure out why the cause was dropping power and i changed everything! 2 MAF sensors 8 coils n umpteen other things!

I just think its over priced for what you'r getting! Like i dont think its reasonable that revo want to charge narley £500 for a map and you can get it done almost £200 cheaper elswhere! and as Badger said, The codes getting older and older and the price Is not changing....

Fair enough it might be a "better" map but compared to other prices of maps! I dont think the extra near 200 is worth a little more seat pin, thats all :)

But you get what you pay for I suppose!

I know the smart thing and sensible thing is to go for CC, but im worried I wont be happy enough with the CC knowing I can get a more aggressive car.

Choices choices!

i think its over the top when compared to CC Jase and they can arguably offer a more in depth support as most Revo dealers are essentially trained uploaders of a map that they are trained to change preset settings on ;)
thats a totally unbiassed pov there Timmy :friends:
No no, things have went wrong with my car and I fine well know how much its costs to fix lol

Clutch was the first one that done in my wallet then I couldnt figure out why the cause was dropping power and i changed everything! 2 MAF sensors 8 coils n umpteen other things!

I just think its over priced for what you'r getting! Like i dont think its reasonable that revo want to charge narley £500 for a map and you can get it done almost £200 cheaper elswhere! and as Badger said, The codes getting older and older and the price Is not changing....

Fair enough it might be a "better" map but compared to other prices of maps! I dont think the extra near 200 is worth a little more seat pin, thats all :)

But you get what you pay for I suppose!

I know the smart thing and sensible thing is to go for CC, but im worried I wont be happy enough with the CC knowing I can get a more aggressive car.

Choices choices!

But Stevo if value for money is what you want how about this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/More-BHP-Audi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item483251cc50 you pays your money you take your chances:think:

LMAO! I wouldn't touch that with a barge poll! Has anyone tried that?

Point made voorhees! :icon_thumright:

revo won my money, but managed to get 20% off through group buy with the 8p lot. I love it, but since having the map on her I have done less than 200miles in 4 months. as it's been in the garage. :sob:

haha you have ya digs too Jase ;)

to be fair ive compared Revo mid range to the CC (another members car) and the difference was almost none existant, not even worth mentioning.... we found the Revo slightly edged it but only slightly , then after 80mph the CC started pulling in....but this wasnt on every occasion, we tried several runs on the A1 and on a private road....

well I've decided to go for Custom Code, gonna phone up tomorrow and get her booked in!

Is there anything really I should get that I could benefit from with the map?

I just had a new MAF sensor and I've got the 007p DV and a KnN panel, but heard bits and bobs about other things I should get before going for a remap but not sure!

With the CC being more progressive and the Revo being more pin back in your seat style, am I right in thinking the Revo is mapped to be more laggy, or does it feel more fierce because it reaches a higher peak boost? If it is more laggy, what is the difference in spool up speeds?

Stevo....some can have problems with coil packs as the map tends to identify these mainly as a weakness...... id personally buy 1 or 2 just to be safe...you dont wana be running three cylinders for too long, unburnt fuel will kill the CAT ;)

having looked at loads of dyno plots, id be tempted with APR and ive seen good ones from rtech too

just had 4 new coils! :D beat you too it 1animal1!

a coil went on me the first week I go the car so got all new ones and I keep 4 spares in the boot lol I know there problematic sometimes.

Booked in for tomorrow at 12! Cant wait! £305.50 am happy with that!

P.S 1animal1 I think I have you on my xbox live btw mate! DaWayItzDun ;) incase ur wonderin lol