Revo and TDI 2.0

beerglass

Reaction score
Ive just come from a revo golf MKIV pd150 to a A3 TDI 2.0

The car is great but sometimes alittle lacking compared to the PD150 plus revo.

What does the Revo make of the TDI 2.0 ?

I have also heard that revo will be bringing out a newer version with switchable 190- 210 bhp.

Surely this will be to much for the engine?

Whats the current gain from revo software and how does it compare.

I feel the A3 has a better 1st gear than the golf but 2nd is really bad on the A3.
3rd onwards and its fine

Eeef said:
Stage1 will give you ~175bhp, Stage2 will give you ~200bhp iirc.

I'm sure Mikep will be along shortly togive you the full sp(s) :)

Thanks matey

How does it compare on the road?

I dont think Eeef's had his done. Most people are getting figure of 185 but rolling roads figures mean jack. Good for boasting down the pub and thats about it unless you have a before and after...

But in reality the Revo software makes the car very lively, massive improvement in driveability. Plus it makes it a pretty quick car once up and running.

Well worth the money :D If your at inters on sunday come and find me and you can have a blast.

J.

Hi Guys sorry I'm late, been a tad busy, the Revo remap is excellent on the 2.0Tdi (I would say that) but I've been commuting up to Norwich every day for the past 5 weeks, on the A140. The car has averaged over 60 mpg each way, which includes a very rapid bit on the 3 miles of dual carriageway. That's better than my Revo'd Pd150 ever managed. I've remapped a couple of 150 and 180 bhp 1.8Ts recently and found them very slow before the remap and OK-ish afterwards, while the owner thinks they are fantastic, the problem is I'm so used to the power of the 2.0Tdi and DSG I'm runined for anything other than a remapped TT225 or LCR or above. What I need to try now is a remapped 170 TDi or V10 Touareg!!

mikep said:
Hi Guys sorry I'm late, been a tad busy, the Revo remap is excellent on the 2.0Tdi (I would say that) but I've been commuting up to Norwich every day for the past 5 weeks, on the A140. The car has averaged over 60 mpg each way, which includes a very rapid bit on the 3 miles of dual carriageway. That's better than my Revo'd Pd150 ever managed. I've remapped a couple of 150 and 180 bhp 1.8Ts recently and found them very slow before the remap and OK-ish afterwards, while the owner thinks they are fantastic, the problem is I'm so used to the power of the 2.0Tdi and DSG I'm runined for anything other than a remapped TT225 or LCR or above. What I need to try now is a remapped 170 TDi or V10 Touareg!!

Thanks for the reply.
I had my PD150 revod and loved it. How will the A3 TDI compare to the PD150 revod?

Was funny but I remember trying my mates Type-R and he loved it. I couldnt see it and then let him lose in the PD150....that was it for him...hahahah

One think I have noticed about the A3, it doesnt sound like the turbos going compare that to the PD150 and that thing sounded like a boeing 747 hissing.

On your sig you have A3 sportback revo stage 1 and stage 2.
What does this mean please?

My man who does revo here in Bristol told me that they might be bringing out 2 switchable version of revo for the TDI very soon. Is this it?

Many thanks

mikep said:
You'll find the A3 very similar to the PD150, the difference with mine is the DSG which I think makes it even better.

Whats with the stage 1 and stage 2?

Stage 1 and 2 are currently available on some of the maps, it enables you to go from 140 to 188 to 203 bhp using an SP1 switch. I had a development version on my PD150 for a couple of years, now they are becoming std packages for the 2.0TDi. I use 188 as standard as the fuel economy is as good if not better than the 140 setting. The 203 setting is quite aggresive and fairly thirsty (45 mpg), but fun for the odd cross country dash.

mikep said:
Stage 1 and 2 are currently available on some of the maps, it enables you to go from 140 to 188 to 203 bhp using an SP1 switch. I had a development version on my PD150 for a couple of years, now they are becoming std packages for the 2.0TDi. I use 188 as standard as the fuel economy is as good if not better than the 140 setting. The 203 setting is quite aggresive and fairly thirsty (45 mpg), but fun for the odd cross country dash.

Hmmm ...
203 or 188 ? Is there that much difference. My revo man here in Bristol did my PD150 a few years back and I only had the standard sps1 switch.

He told me about the newer software and said I should hold off a few weeks and get this. Should I wait or get the standard 188?

Many thanks

Mike, thinking of getting mine done soon. Any idea where the best dealer in my neck of the woods is? I think the choices are Aberdeen or Inverness. I think Inverness sounds good as it will be a better drive on the way back.

mikep said:
I prefer the 188, but as I do 20k miles per year fuel economy is pretty important.
Many thanks

I do 25K a year and feeling the same way. I think a trip to MR REVO is needed soon

Many thanks for all the help guys

beaker said:
Mike, thinking of getting mine done soon. Any idea where the best dealer in my neck of the woods is? I think the choices are Aberdeen or Inverness. I think Inverness sounds good as it will be a better drive on the way back.

Beaker who in Aberdeen is doing it, I have only heard about the guy in Inverness?

Marc

mikep said:
I use 188 as standard as the fuel economy is as good if not better than the 140 setting. The 203 setting is quite aggresive and fairly thirsty (45 mpg), but fun for the odd cross country dash.

God I can't get 45mpg average on a run in mine!!!