1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reversing Sensors - Graphic Display?

mpc May 26, 2013

1. mpc

mpc Member

Hello,
    My friends Audi A5 does not have the graphic display like I have seen on some other Audi's - is this something that I could get on mine with a software update or something or is it a completely different system?

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

tell us the year of the car and as long as its factory fitted (ie MOST & canbus) then providing your module supports graphic display then it can be enabled with vcds.

[​IMG]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Welcome to the forum.

As denoted, all comes down to the systems fitted already, if it can be made to work, only one way to find out tbh & that's login with vcds & see if module 10 will allow this facility.

4. mpc

mpc Member

It's a 2009 A5 quattro with loads of extras and has the MMI system.

5. NHN

As advised, login with vcds to see what options you have.

6. mpc

mpc Member

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by "login with vcds"? Is that something I can do myself or do I need professional help?

7. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

You need to buy VCDS diagnostic cable to allow you to do a bit of tinkering. You could buy one or find somebody who has the lead.

8. mpc

mpc Member

Ah ok, like the following?

I'm presuming that the 11-11-3 is a newer version of the cable/software than the 10-6-4? Is this correct? What is the latest version available, what is a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  9. NHN

Those are fake, counterfeit illegal cables & are not allowed on the site, your post will be edited.

10. mpc

mpc Member

OK, so help me out here!! - i'm a newbie - please point me in the right direction....

11. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

Also the cheap copy cables allow you to see some fault codes etc not everything and they don't allow you to make changes to any settings. Correct ?

12. a6_chris

As you don't state your location we can't suggest a user.

13. mpc

mpc Member

Sorry, I'm north east England - Nr Middlesbrough

14. a6_chris

Send a PM to jb0o.

15. NHN

You can ask an owner of vcds to look for you or consider purchasing a genuine version of which I sell :)

16. mpc

mpc Member

How much are you selling them for? Do you also supply the software?

17. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

Please pm NHN directly for prices. :) x

18. sheebs

sheebs New Member

Hey i have a 2008 audi a5 with the audi symphony system, it has the full colour screen but doesnt show a display either any idea if it can be activated. dont know anyone with the cables and software and cant afford to buy them at the moment

19. a6_chris

I'm pretty sure Concert/Symph can't have them enabled, but I'm guessing theres no harm in trying with VCDS.

20. FinnMc1

FinnMc1 Member

What exactly am I looking for when trying to activate this with VCDS, just going to have a look now, is it in long coding?

21. NHN

Optical Illustrative tick boxes, normally the pdc module is enabled & maybe in your head unit.

22. FinnMc1

FinnMc1 Member

I found something with that name in the long coding but when I tried to enable it the standard codes entered by VCDS didn't enable the change. Any additional access codes I can try on that??

23. NHN

If it wouldn't accept or allow the coding change then its more than likely not possible with current setup.

24. FinnMc1

FinnMc1 Member

It let me check the box to select it and close the helper it just seemed that the access codes down the bottom when I tried to save it weren't accepted for some reason. Ill have another look in awhile, but ye likely its just not possible I guess, thanks

25. NHN

Its possible, just maybe not with your current setup.