1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REVERSING NOISE

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by DIPS_A4, May 19, 2006.

1. DIPS_A4

DIPS_A4 SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

[May 19, 2006]
    Hi all i was at uni found some parking and had to quickly reverse back to get the parking space becuase it is rare to find a space, i reversed back doing like 8mph roughly and my car made a noise like i hit a car n was reluctant to go back after not sure what the problem could be? i didnt hit anything though n it does reverse fine first time thats happend got a little worried.
    After that a bloody small tree branch fell on my bonnet and the bits of blossum has done in my vents now i need to clean it out because it smells rank any advise on my reverse problem? sorry for the long post!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[May 19, 2006]
    So whats the problem?
  4. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

[May 19, 2006]
    were you or are you now drunk?
  5. DIPS_A4

[May 19, 2006]
    soon as i reverse above 5mph car judders and struggles makes a bad noise like its hit something. the car is a a4 1.9tdi 1999. prev had a powerloss problems seems to have sort its self out running good! apart from this minor problem. my mate drove the car he goes the clutch biteing point is to high n he reakons the clutch is on its way out. the car has done 104k but i brought it at 80k 4 years back it was a company car b4 spent its life on the motorway apart from now i do more local commuting and odd miles on motorways.
  6. DIPS_A4

[May 19, 2006]
    lol not drunk not yet any way still got 1 week left at uni till im done for good ! need to get out there and look for a job in interactive design which i studied. spent my student loan on my car my girl hates me spending money on the a4!
  7. CraigM

CraigM Member

[May 19, 2006]
    The clutch biting point on the A4 is high as it has a self adjusting hydraulic clutch - if the clutch isn't slipping it is ok.

The noise / problems when reversing - does it struggle almost as if the handbrake is on??? I'm not sure what the rear brakes are like on yours, but I would guess when you are reversing something in the brakes is catching causing the noise and causing it to struggle - just a guess though!