Reversing camera?

bonerp

Reaction score
Is there a simple way to plug a reversing camera into the rns e? I didnt this with my x5 and was easy peasy. I know you can buy good cameras off ebay for not very much. Just wondering if the screen can handle it and if there is an input?

Needs a media adapter, plus wiring run into bootlid of course, takes a little while to run in etc.

Hi nigel ,out of interest ,how much does this mod cost ,inc fitting etc...

Depends on the media adapter used tbh & camera mate, its not a cheap mod at all.

Yeap thats one system, but that doesnt work on the mk2 units afaik.

I've got a reverse camera installed nicely hidden next to number plate led but I have an aftermarket stereo

hmmm, media adaptor? That an Audi thing?

I'm feel sure it'll fit Nige! I've measured my boot release handle and it's the same dimensions ...I'll give you a definitive answer when it gets here though. ;)

No there are aftermarket ones from kufatec or on ebay, you will need this to connect camera to the rns, assuming you have an rns already :)

If not I have some MK1's at a very reasonable price.

Thanks for the offer mate... :salute: but I decided to go aftermarket in the end.

Pioneer Avic-F940BT. already have a reversing camera too, but I don't like it fitted in my numberplate light (I heard the bulb heat burns the board out) so I'm replacing it with the above pre-emtively.

7640d1350409933-symphony-upgrade-help-broken-day-2-img_1959.jpg

7476d1349892182-who-has-reverse-cameras-fitted-any-pictures-img_2014.jpg

Came across this on e-bay ...I know nothing of the seller, but he's got 100% positive feedback on over 700 items. :icon_thumright:

aidybee | eBay

I won't be bidding as mine arrived today & the quality is spot on! so check your fitting & may the best man win. :undwech: