1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse sensors

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Johnytuono, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Member

[Aug 1, 2007]
    Hi
    Sounds like a daft question but can anyone tell me that if both reverse light bulbs have 'gone' would this cause my reverse sensors not to work? Was working perfectly before i went into a certain stealership now theyre not working! Its due to go in tomorrow for them to look at it (even though they say they havent touched anything to do with the sensors) This is after i spent £360 on a service inc. brake fluid change and got home and all fluid (coolant) was down the road. "Sometimes these things just go" was the reply to me suddenly wanting a new coolant hose (needless to say there was NO way i was paying for a replacement). OOps sorry i went off a bit....can anyone answer my question?
    Ta
    Johny
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. terrymcg

terrymcg Member

[Aug 1, 2007]
    Not too sure, but i think it may. As I reckon when you retrofit the sensors they take the power feed from the reverse signal. So if the bulbs have gone there is no circuit to send the power to the sensors.

Does the A4 not only have one reverse bulb!?!?
  4. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Member

[Aug 1, 2007]
    Two so unlikely for both bulbs to have gone....could it be the reverse swich anybody?
    Ta
    Johny