1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse sensors stopped working?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by boya, Apr 21, 2011.

1. boya

boya Member

They were working fine this morning for the wife. I got in tonight and when I put it in reverse the beep sounds to say it's working but then it doesn't beep any more the closer I get to anything? Any ideas why? Would vag com have the answer? Cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

Assuming it's a factory fit system then I'm sure VAGcom would diagnose the problem. It's probably a sensor failed, I take the reverse lights are working ok as it beeps first?

I've not got them on mine, but other cars I drive with them they only beep when you put it into reverse if there's a fault with the system to warn you.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Yeah a scan will maybe help, but the fact its not continuously beeping is a good one, as when a sensor is down or module faulty, it usually warns you with a long beep iirc, it is oem I assume yes?

5. boya

boya Member

Yes it's a factory fit system. I will try and get it on vag com today sometime, cheers lads

6. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

iv got a set of rear sensors and the box they plug into that sits in the rear drivers side, if that's any good to you mate?