'Reverse' question: -How do I power an Audi Radio?

VWAddict

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
this is the 'other way round' from the other question...

I have upgraded to an RNS-E, and I want to power up my old Concert II+ radio as a workshop bench radio/CD player etc...

I've tried just applying power and ground, but it doesn't want to turn on... not even asking for the code. -Is there an adaptor which allows me to do this?

Keith

You might be out of luck. It has a CANBUS network connection and the "on/off" is triggered by the ECU.

What I don't know is whether the K-Bus connection is just a switched 12v supply that you can just apply power to on the radio or whether its some other sort of signal or voltage trigger that you won't be able to emulate....

You might be out of luck. It has a CANBUS network connection and the "on/off" is triggered by the ECU.

What I don't know is whether the K-Bus connection is just a switched 12v supply that you can just apply power to on the radio or whether its some other sort of signal or voltage trigger that you won't be able to emulate....

I don't think the K-wire is used on the 8P, so I suspect you're right...

Damn...! -If only someone made that CANbus adaptor thingy in reverse...

[French Accent]

Mozzer -Phuqquerrrrrrrr!!!

[/French Accent]

(bummed!)

yeah... that's what I was referring to when I mentioned the adaptor which I wanted the reverse of...

-My fault, -I should've provided a link.

Oh well... -Anyone want to buy a Double-Din Concert 2+ then? ( it's got Shiny Silver knobs, and everyfink!!!)

:racer:

Keef

It's definately possible. On some of the RNS-E auctions you can see they've got it running to display the nav screen on the table.