Reverse parking sensors

millsy75

Reaction score
Hi, has anybody fitted aftermarket rear parking sensors to their 8l?

I want to get some fitted and I was looking at aftermarket kits - laserline, steelmate, cobra. I want the flush fit design.

Any recommendations in the Manchester area?

I understand the oem fitment is in the lower grey trim but it is different in shape on mine to the factory fitted sensors trim. Can I fit aftermarket sensors to the lower grey trim with the ridge (rather than the bodywork) or are the holes already cut in the trim for the larger factory sensors?

Thanks for any help. I did a search online and not much came back, also nothing in the stickies.

Hi, has anybody fitted aftermarket rear parking sensors to their 8l?

I want to get some fitted and I was looking at aftermarket kits - laserline, steelmate, cobra. I want the flush fit design.

Any recommendations in the Manchester area?

I understand the oem fitment is in the lower grey trim but it is different in shape on mine to the factory fitted sensors trim. Can I fit aftermarket sensors to the lower grey trim with the ridge (rather than the bodywork) or are the holes already cut in the trim for the larger factory sensors?

Thanks for any help. I did a search online and not much came back, also nothing in the stickies.
im just fitting them to mine if you remove your back bumper you will see where it is cut out behind the grey plastic trim so you can see where to fit the sensors will take some pictures off the plinth with the sensors fitted tomorrow fitted

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Have you bought the grey insert for the rear bumper (with the ridge) from Audi?

I couldn't find out whether it came with the holes ready drilled out or not?

I would prefer if I could buy the grey insert and have the aftermarket sensors fitted to that rather than the bodywork if possible.

It will be interesting to see which way you're doing it. Good luck!!

heres the picture of the bumper plinth done and all painted in anthracite

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 99
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 91
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 94
Hi mate, the pm was just asking if you bought the plastic insert with the ridge, also if the item already came with holes for the sensors?

Thanks.

did my own.

£30 from china and a buzzer that goes to reverse wire and work great over the sub .

never colour coded

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    816.5 KB · Views: 60