1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reverse mute possible? NHM? you may know!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by scottie123, Jan 8, 2009.

1. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

is it possible to make the stereo mute when selecting reverse so i can hear the park sensors?

I noticed NHN had something in his sig a while ago .something like reverse mute.

I have had a search but i seem unable to find anything.

cheers in advance :w00t:
  2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Scottie its NHN, only 3 letters get it right LOL :lmfao:
  3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

ooopps.

now i feel dum.......:w00t:

hope i can edit before he reads it !!
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Thats Nigels sunday best name, Nigel His Majesty!
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

at least someone got my name right cheers Khuffy lmao, I dont do royalty, mostly cause the females are so ugly & I'm not into the other lol

anyway back on cue, yes that would be me & my reverse mute mod, funny you should mention this now & you must be telepathic cause that mod I was doing is actually on my plans for tomorrow, was playing with door modules today.

I am gonna see if removing a leg from the bose amp throws a code as the mute pin is disabled if you have bluetooth so cant use this on rns for mute when reversed, but I also wanted phone use even in reverse as I sometimes am on calls when parking etc & mute pin mutes all speakers not some so this would be no use anyway, so I know its the centre dash speaker for phone, so gonna test if any codes thrown of one leg disconnected, then if its ok I will relay the single leg to the other 4 speakers which are triggered by the reverse live, update when tested so you can do yours aswell fella, you can adjust the pdc speaker tone up & change the tone aswell in vcds or if you're 07 onwards you can do this in the DIS(thanks to JohnS3 for that bit of info)
  6. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Thank you!
  7. NHN

No worries slick
  8. NHN

Well disconnected front door speaker with 1 pin then tried both pins & no codes thrown in vag so it would appear that the speakers can be relayed on 1 leg without any codes needing clearing so I'm 99% sure it will be fine to do my mod, so now I need to build the pcb with 2 DPDT relays so it throws 4 wires across to mute & leave the centre one connected given its the phone one, I just hope it isnt to loud still, time will tell & hope there wont be a loud noise when relay connects back to original circuit again like a pop or something