1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reverse lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by paul_brad, Aug 16, 2005.

1. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

Hi guys,
    this was on a thread a few weeks ago, but I cant for the life of me find it, now I want to reference it.

Reverse lights on my prefacelift A3 1.8T have stopped working. The garage said its the switch, but I seem to recall someone here saying it could just be the wires that have come disconnected, as apparantly they are pulled quite tight? (this is from memory of the post)

I want to look in to it now, does anyone have any pics of what it all looks like inside the boot that could help? How much are new switches, and can I get one from Halfords?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

the switch is located in the engine bay, on the right hand-side of the engine (viewed front on) - sorry can't be more specific than that!

if you're local Audi dealer is close by, drop by and ask to them show you where the switch is located or get the new Haynes A3 manual

4. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

and if you do have to replace it, make sure you get the correct switch as there are differant switches for cable clutches and hydrualic clutches

5. chrisb

chrisb Member

have a look at this . Is that what you'd seen?

6. chrisb

chrisb Member

[ QUOTE ]
    and if you do have to replace it, make sure you get the correct switch as there are differant switches for cable clutches and hydrualic clutches

[/ QUOTE ]

....and ETOS is wrong for some.

7. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

wow, back to the future.

That link you posted Chris was written after my thread (August) and my bits in that thread go back to referencing this August one, that has mysteriously come back to life. (does that make sense?)

At the time, I was looking at one previous to this August one.

(all sorted now, by the way!)