Reverse Feed rns e 193 No feed

sumerz

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

Just fitted my rns e to my a3 8p and everything works brilliantly.

Im wanting to fit a the kufatec reverse camera that auto switches but my unit doesn't have the RVSL input on the headunit and just shows NC on pin 2 on the c2 connector, any ideas how to get around this?

Cheers

James

You have to code it to advise it has camera fitted, then it auto switches when in reverse.

You have to code it to advise it has camera fitted, then it auto switches when in reverse.

oh so it's just a simple coding job no need to run any reverse feeds to the headunit

There is an adaptation channel in the rns that can be coded to advise a backup/camera is fitted.

Only the genuine camera kit works with the latest RNS-E, if your going with Kufatec's IMA camera kit then it will not work even with coding. Well that was my experience of it.

Oh bummer I hope that's not the case, I'm using a genuine camera then was going to be ordering the ima interface from kufatec but if it doesn't work i might have to abandon ship with it

Where did you connect to on the rns e? And where in the PCM?

Thanks

Was a while ago now but from memory...

The PCM unit had a wire to feed in the 12v which started the camera, I connected this into the Reverse Switch in the Central Electrics Board. Can't remember what pin, but could find out on ElsaWin if needs be (Im on a different computer so can't look now). You could always connect the 12v+ wire from the reverse light which is easier to find, but means running a wire down the side of the car.

I then connected a wire to C2 of the RNS-E (which you say isn't listed as RFSL -- it still works) and connected this to the two wires. The 12v+ connection to this switches the RNS-E.

Take a look through some of my previous posts/threads, think I may have a more thorough description, I can't really remember it was a while ago.

Was a while ago now but from memory...

The PCM unit had a wire to feed in the 12v which started the camera, I connected this into the Reverse Switch in the Central Electrics Board. Can't remember what pin, but could find out on ElsaWin if needs be (Im on a different computer so can't look now). You could always connect the 12v+ wire from the reverse light which is easier to find, but means running a wire down the side of the car.

I then connected a wire to C2 of the RNS-E (which you say isn't listed as RFSL -- it still works) and connected this to the two wires. The 12v+ connection to this switches the RNS-E.

Take a look through some of my previous posts/threads, think I may have a more thorough description, I can't really remember it was a while ago.

Ah right cheers! So the simple but not as near method is just a reverse feed from the rear light to the rnse and it should just work like that ?

Perfect! I'll get the module ordered up and give it a go. Appreciate the help thanks

No problem. Be aware of the glitch mind, just seems to flicker. My assumption was that the CANBUS was checking for a signal via the RFSL and when it detects the signal, it switches back to the video.

Give me a shout when you get it and I'll be more than happy to provide guidance.

Ok cheers, hopefully if I'm just wiring from the reverse light to the rnse then I shouldn't get the flicker as I'm not using the canbus from the central board