reverse bumper sensors

• Thread starter imported_kris_tdi
  • Start date
I

imported_kris_tdi

did any b5 a4's come with this option?
also if they did does anyone know if the wiring lomb is in the car already?

cheers

I'm pretty sure they didn't on any of the US models, not sure about other places

They were an option, and I have seen them fitted, but they are rare. I got a set fitted to mine. I bought the kit from this place for £48, including shipping, and a local audio installer put them in for about £75 labour.

http://www.tgincar.co.uk/

They work fine. The in-car display unit sits just above the rear-view mirror, attached to that funny little middle-visor.

thanks jeff, think ill order myself a set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kris_tdi said:
did you get the 4 or 8 sensors?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the four sensor set, with the silver display. In a perfect world, the sensors would have been fitted about half way up the body-coloured section of the bumper, which is the rear-most point, but that would have required the removal of the bumper, which would have cost a lot more in labour, plus the sensors would have to have been painted. Instead, I had them fitted into the black plastic lower trim section of the bumper. They blend in perfectly, and are only about two inches "inside" the rearmost point of the car.

cheers jeff, think ill put them as you said higher up as i have coloured bottoms anyway.
good price that for them. going to get on teh blower tomorrow and order some.

[ QUOTE ]
kris_tdi said:
cheers jeff, think ill put them as you said higher up as i have coloured bottoms anyway.
good price that for them. going to get on teh blower tomorrow and order some.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered & paid for them on-line.