1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reunited !

A4 TC Aug 6, 2011

1. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

After 3 and a half years away from me i have bought back my 1.8t quattro sline !

It is the actual car that i had previously owned and was nice to bring home again except she wasnt as well looked after as much as I did ! but no problem nothing more than a good detail will get the swirls and car wash machine marks out ! Wheels were all kerbed ! other than that ! Happy days ! heres a few pics of previous years and upto date ones ! enjoy !

back in 2007
    [​IMG]

when i sold car in 2008 (reluctantly)
    [​IMG]

and now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

Cool! Whatever happenned to the front end conversion?? So, does it feel the same?

3. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

I sold the front end separately ! Got more money selling separately than everything left on!
    As to does it feel the same yes in a way when it was standard! And no because somewhere along the way the remaps been removed ! So it's not as quick as I remember !

4. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

that front end looks like a gone wrong volvo nasty

5. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

yeah they aint pretty. I cant imagine what it must look like from the side!!! like a boxers nose!

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I don't mind the Hofelle conversion, makes a change from the norm.

How did you find it again, by luck or did you know where it was all along?

7. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

It actually looked better in the flesh ! and it was on the awesome gti A4 Avant show car when I first saw it but they were too expensive ! Went to Hofele Germany direct ! (alot cheaper don't know price now ) it was different than what everyone else had done at the time !
    But it's staying standard now , apart from some LED sidelights , LED number plate lights and HIDs , for now !

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  8. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

9. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

good to hear some happy news, i like it as it should look rather than making it look like its something else it that makes any sense to ya, Happy Dayz!

10. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

That first picture wasnt taken by the lighthouse at Whitley Bay was it by any chance ?

11. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

St Marys lighthouse it was ! How did you get that conclusion from that pic ? Lol

12. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

I lived just up the road from it when I was a kid, spend a lot of time down there and the spanner. Just recognised the view along the coast !

13. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

Have you got a thread here when you did the conversion. And yeah how did you manage to get it back?

14. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

Here the link
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...-chassis/42567-show-tell-hofele-body-kit.html
    The pics no longer exist though !

Well I had always regretted selling it ! It had only done 12000 miles when it left me, but another child on the way back then needed a
    bigger car ! The car was my toy only used when had a day off and only if it was a nice day too ! So it quite often sat in the garage for
    weeks with out touching it ! So I started really searching for 1 like it a couple of months ago and have missed out on couple of decent
    ones , sometimes they were just too far away too look ! And then this weeks ritual Wednesday nite search on Autotrader it came up and
    Was close by. Couldn't sleep allnight ! And first thing give the guy a ring ! And by night time I had the car home !
    Should of seen his face when just as he was explaining the service record after I paid him ! I say to him read the name on the first service reciept ! He couldn't believe it ! Cause during the viewing he was telling me how a previous owner had debadged the rear and put the
    tints on (which I did )! He replied he was glad he was truthful about car car all along ! It was then I should him all my previous photos
    and was happy it went to a someone who would care for it ! He wasn't the guy who had it after me he was the 3rd owner ! So the
    mileage went upto 72000 but still felt the same! It was the White half leather half cloth that sold car to me the first time and are quite
    rare , and I couldn't resist to have her back ! I never ever expected to have her back and was ready to have one like it , so yeah happy at the moment !

15. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Good for you, nice one.

16. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Well-Known Member

Why did you dicide to buy your old motor back as there are plenty on Autotrader. Car looks well.

There are a few guys on here that have bought there old motors back.

Enjoy....

17. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Well-Known Member

Just read post - Good read.

Welcome back....