1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reunited !

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by A4 TC, Aug 6, 2011.

1. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

[Aug 6, 2011]
    After 3 and a half years away from me i have bought back my 1.8t quattro sline !

It is the actual car that i had previously owned and was nice to bring home again except she wasnt as well looked after as much as I did ! but no problem nothing more than a good detail will get the swirls and car wash machine marks out ! Wheels were all kerbed ! other than that ! Happy days ! heres a few pics of previous years and upto date ones ! enjoy !

back in 2007
    [​IMG]

when i sold car in 2008 (reluctantly)
    [​IMG]

and now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Aug 6, 2011]
    Cool! Whatever happenned to the front end conversion?? So, does it feel the same?
  4. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

[Aug 6, 2011]
    I sold the front end separately ! Got more money selling separately than everything left on!
    As to does it feel the same yes in a way when it was standard! And no because somewhere along the way the remaps been removed ! So it's not as quick as I remember !
  5. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 6, 2011]
    that front end looks like a gone wrong volvo nasty
  6. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Aug 6, 2011]
    yeah they aint pretty. I cant imagine what it must look like from the side!!! like a boxers nose!
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 6, 2011]
    I don't mind the Hofelle conversion, makes a change from the norm.

How did you find it again, by luck or did you know where it was all along?
  8. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

[Aug 6, 2011]
    It actually looked better in the flesh ! and it was on the awesome gti A4 Avant show car when I first saw it but they were too expensive ! Went to Hofele Germany direct ! (alot cheaper don't know price now ) it was different than what everyone else had done at the time !
    But it's staying standard now , apart from some LED sidelights , LED number plate lights and HIDs , for now !
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  9. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 6, 2011]
    Thats good to read
  10. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Aug 6, 2011]
    good to hear some happy news, i like it as it should look rather than making it look like its something else it that makes any sense to ya, Happy Dayz!
  11. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[Aug 6, 2011]
    That first picture wasnt taken by the lighthouse at Whitley Bay was it by any chance ?
  12. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

[Aug 7, 2011]
    St Marys lighthouse it was ! How did you get that conclusion from that pic ? Lol
  13. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[Aug 7, 2011]
    I lived just up the road from it when I was a kid, spend a lot of time down there and the spanner. Just recognised the view along the coast !
  14. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

[Aug 7, 2011]
    Have you got a thread here when you did the conversion. And yeah how did you manage to get it back?
  15. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

[Aug 7, 2011]
    Here the link
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...-chassis/42567-show-tell-hofele-body-kit.html
    The pics no longer exist though !

Well I had always regretted selling it ! It had only done 12000 miles when it left me, but another child on the way back then needed a
    bigger car ! The car was my toy only used when had a day off and only if it was a nice day too ! So it quite often sat in the garage for
    weeks with out touching it ! So I started really searching for 1 like it a couple of months ago and have missed out on couple of decent
    ones , sometimes they were just too far away too look ! And then this weeks ritual Wednesday nite search on Autotrader it came up and
    Was close by. Couldn't sleep allnight ! And first thing give the guy a ring ! And by night time I had the car home !
    Should of seen his face when just as he was explaining the service record after I paid him ! I say to him read the name on the first service reciept ! He couldn't believe it ! Cause during the viewing he was telling me how a previous owner had debadged the rear and put the
    tints on (which I did )! He replied he was glad he was truthful about car car all along ! It was then I should him all my previous photos
    and was happy it went to a someone who would care for it ! He wasn't the guy who had it after me he was the 3rd owner ! So the
    mileage went upto 72000 but still felt the same! It was the White half leather half cloth that sold car to me the first time and are quite
    rare , and I couldn't resist to have her back ! I never ever expected to have her back and was ready to have one like it , so yeah happy at the moment !
  16. rjm180

rjm180 Member

[Aug 7, 2011]
    Good for you, nice one.
  17. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Active Member

[Aug 8, 2011]
    Why did you dicide to buy your old motor back as there are plenty on Autotrader. Car looks well.

There are a few guys on here that have bought there old motors back.

Enjoy....
  18. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Active Member

[Aug 8, 2011]
    Just read post - Good read.

Welcome back....