Returning to Audi advice needed.

S3 finatic

Limp mode
Reaction score
Hi guys, after owning a number of Audi's over the years I switched to VW for a couple of years.

I have now returned to Audi with a 2008 A4 2.0 TDI S-Line cabriolet.

I have never owned an A4 so my knowledge is very limited so looking for some pointers, first of all is mine a B7 chasis?

Is there any known faults i need to be aware of?

I own a fault reader that I used on my old Audi/VW's but it does not work on my A4 so are there any fault readers out there that will work on a 2008?

I have the oil level sensor fault come up on my clocks, I have replaced it with a new sensor but the fault still comes and goes. Is there any thing else i need to look at?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Audi side

hello mate,
yeh yours is a b7, and there's a whole massive list of stuff that COULD go wrong with it but i've had mine almost 3 years and its been sound nothing major to report.

if you want scaring into selling it then read this lot first, http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...e-definitive-guide-audi-vw-skoda-seat.140949/ and go for there, lmao.

i use the torque app and a blue tooth obd reader, seems to work ok at reading codes but i have heard that it wont read all the codes ???

i say preventative maintenance is the way forward, look after it and it should be sound mate.

Reactions: Toblahoe
As tony says really, the list of possible problematic parts and known issues is very long, and probably best not look too long or hard at it either or you'll regret buying one, on the plus side a good used car that's been looked after will be a pretty reliable purchase and you'll love it, just keep ontop of things if or when they occur.
diag wise, the most user friendly and functional option is VCDS as its a total program for diagnostic, realtime monitoring and recoding mods on your car.
good luck with it, just don't start modding it , if you do you wont stop....
cheers
rob

Reactions: tony mc
well maybe change the rims , and the front grill oh yes and the.......oooops getting carried away again.....

Reactions: tony mc
The oil pump balancer shaft problem is definitely one to watch out for, other than that I'm not aware of any other common faults.