1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofitting RNSE and nothing connected to B Block of Concert II+

fonz600 Nov 2, 2012

1. fonz600

fonz600 Member

Been trying to fit a LED RNSE to my 2007 A4 B7 and having removed my old Concert II+ and being confirmed that I need to switch pins for the K Line. However, I seem to have a prob as there was nothing plugged into the B Block of the old unit and nothing in the harness. Is this normal as not seen anyone else mention this through searches.

Am I just looking in the wrong place or will I have to purchase a 12 pin plug and just switch over the C7 pin into the empty B5 pin of new plug and plug that into B block of the RNSE?

2. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

dont u need a loom from concert to RNS-E ?

3. fonz600

fonz600 Member

I have the concert II+ so thought it was a direct fit after switching a couple pins for BOSE and K Line? The C block is a 12 pin just like the RNSE.

4. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

As you correctly said, you need the connector which is a few quid from Audi and plugs straight into the quadlock.

5. fonz600

fonz600 Member

Cheers for the confirmation. I'll look into it tomoz.

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Please dont start multiple threads on the same subject, Craig kindly advised you of the reason for no plug & solution on your other thread, please follow his sound advice.

7. fonz600

fonz600 Member

yeah I got his reply this morning but as I was in the middle of trying to fit the RNSE and I got the first answer and no response to the 2nd I thought I'd get a quicker response in the forum that was specific to my car.

i did try to PM Craig before posting but he must of been busy so again I wasn't multiple posting out of ignorance to forum etiquette.

thanks to both guys for helping out though and will take heed of your post. Sorry.

8. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

If you don't have Bose, Aux In or a CD changer then your Concert II+ won't have needed a B block - so Audi won't have fitted one.