1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofitting Cruise Control on A4 2014 model year (facelift)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Franky_D, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Franky_D

Franky_D New Member

Hi,

I've just received a retrofit kit from Kufatec. The hardware has been successfully installed. Now the question about coding.

Instructions from Kufatec say that two modules need to be coded:
    - Module 16 (Steering), byte 2, bit 2 to get checked/activated. Done.
    - Module 1 (Engine), byte 6, bit 0 to get checked/activated. It comes actually activated from the factory (original reading of byte 6 is 00000001).

Either the instructions are outdated or the engine module is too new (it's number 03L-906-018-JP), would need to find out which other bit/byte needs to be activated in the Engine module.

If only module 16 coded and no coding/changes in module 1, module 1 throughs an error and engine electronics lamp comes flashing on on the dash.

Just in case, the car is 2014 year model A4 2.0 tdi Avant .

While I'm waiting for advice from Kufatec and trying to find an official VCDS around to see if it provides clear instructions for which bit/byte needs activation, your ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)
  2. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Steering Wheel - 16 > Coding > Long Coding Helper > Select 'Cruise Control Installed'
    Engine - 01 > Coding > Long Coding Helper > Select 'Cruise Control Installed'

iv not known engine 01 coded from factory when cruise not installed
    above is what i use
  3. Franky_D

Franky_D New Member

The available version of VCDS (surely not original and not updated) does not recognize the Engine module and does not provide much suggestions (in fact none at all).... Therefore I am here... :)

I don't think the Engine 01 was coded. I rather believe that instructions from Kufatec are getting out of date and it's not bit 0 to be changed, but another one most probably ....

Thank you!
  4. Franky_D

Franky_D New Member

And here is the solution (thanks to a friend with original VCDS)!

For face-lift A4 model one needs to activate/check:
    - Module 16 (Steering) -- byte 2, bit 2
    - Module 1 (Engine) -- byte 5, bit 5