Retrofitting AMI into RNSe (2011)

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hoping somebody can help.

I have installed a brand new RNSe into my friend's Audi A3 SB BE (60) and it works amazingly well. I have also installed a new AMI unit into the glovebox. I know it's powering and working as its charging iPod and shows the Audi logo.

Here's my problem.

When I go to Media and then source I cannot see the iPod.

In Vag I have gone to 19 and ticked 2E which is Media Player 3. I have then gone to 56 Radio and then in coding I have put in 0209157.

Is this correct? Is there anything extra I need to do. Car has no Bluetooth. Has a FBMFSW. No CD changer but did have the basic iPod interface before I put in the AMI.

THANKS,
Tim

Ok... Figured it out in the end.

In section 56 Radio I mentioned I used the coding 0209157. As far as what coding helper said I was correct. It turns out there is some kind of error with VCDS in that the second to last digit should be a 2. This enables the AMI. However in VCDS it states that the second to last digit (this concerns level one equipment) at number 2 is satellite radio. Of course there has never been satellite radio for the A3 (as far as I'm aware) and this "description" should read AMI. Spoke to Ross Tech in the states and they agree it is an error.

So overall the correct coding was 0209127. Job done... All brand new parts from Germany at a fraction of the cost and one happy mate. My new car arriving next week should hopefully go smoothly when I do this :)

hey cruiser, out of interest, did you get the RNSe from Germany too? its one of those mods i've thought about but always seemed a bit too expensive when i already have a sat nav on my phone.

was it from ebay.de?

Yes. But it was not from eBay. Our company retrofit a high amount of original equipment for the VAG group and so can gain access to brand new parts direct from manufacturer.

Thnx for the info Tim,

I got one from Germany which includes the ipod & usb cables but not the wiring harness from RNS-E to AMI. Problem is I cannot find the part number for the harness. Could you please give me the part number if you have it? My car had the USB option in the glovebox so changing with AMI was easy but I cannot use it without the power harness.
many thnx in advance

klik

Audi dont have a loom you can buy, you need to make 1.

thnx NHN,
Looks like Kufatec is the only way to go.
cheers