1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofitting a leather interior for a 3dr?

BenUK Apr 16, 2009

1. BenUK

BenUK Member

I am looking at getting a standard A3 (as its so hard to find regular A3's with leather) but I am interested in getting a leather interior (I am not bothered about what brand / sort as long as its black) fitted for a good price.

Are there any recognised reputable fitters which would do this?

Many thanks.

Ben.

2. pdv40

pdv40 Member

3. A2A6

A2A6 Member

I've been looking into this too. Have a look at www.trim-star.co.uk . They seem to have a very good reputation with a lot of feedback on their site from VW/Audi/Merc/BMW main dealers. They are located quite close to dk-schweizer (Colchester) - but I don't know if there is any link between them.

I've got an SE but I don't think the seats look particularly good in leather, I prefer the shape of the S-Line seats... but I don't want an S-Line logo on the seats in my SE. I don't think S-Line seats come in anything other than leather so buying a set second hand and getting them recovered seems a bit pointless. Am I right on that? Do any S-Lines have cloth interior?

Cheers

Paul

4. pdv40

pdv40 Member

S-Lines have either half or full leather, but I think in the sport models you can get sports seats without the s-line logo so it should be possible.

5. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

6. Don76

Don76 Well-Known Member

Yip, I've got the sport model and it has the same seats as S-Line (without logos). Mine has half leather half alcantera, so may be worth trying to source 2nd hand set from breakers?

However, the seats are well known to be damn hard and not very comfortable!!

7. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

I love the seats in my S-Line, best i've had, found them very comfortable so far.

I wouldnt bother with a retrim though, you cane asily pick up a set of OEM leather off EBay for around £600, just swap it in. Its relatively straightforward.

8. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

I have these seats in my car also, and it is an Se.

so it is possible to get them better seats like,:yum:

9. Dandle

Dandle Member

10. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

pm Matt Andrew, hes got a leather S-Line interior for sale.

11. 10blazin

matt andrew has an sline leather interior for sale and i have full sline leather in my sline without the logo so iff you buy mattandrew i dont mind swapping you my sline front seats without the logo just a thought ........

12. jb111s

jb111s Member

I upgraded mine to full leather sline from a set from ebay. Once you work out how to get the seats & door cards out its quite easy. Took me an afternoon, just make sure you get a spline set in advance!

Also be wary of 2nd hand seats. Mine were from a written off 08 A3, which was fine but the back seat was bent (bent back into shape with a bit of brute force) & kept finding bits of broken glass in the seats!

All alright now though & makes the interior much nicer. Feels like a new car.

13. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

thanks.

is this the same boydie from RMS? im sure it is?!

14. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

cant find many on the bay :(

15. mattandrew

mattandrew Member VCDS Map User

As nathan has already said, I have a full leather interior for sale which includes the seats and door cards. Its for a 3dr A3.

The interior is two tone Black / Graphite vienna leather.

Heres a couple of pics, the grey looks a lot lighter than it actually is in the pic.

PM me with offers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. edition

edition Active Member

My s-line has half leather and doesn't have the s-line emboss.....

17. 10blazin

theres 3 sets on the bay £700 £800 quid though

18. Dandle

Dandle Member

Some did some didnt same as full leather. Until later when they all seemed to have the emobosing.