1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofitting a DiS to a b5??!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_Audi_DavE, Jan 1, 2006.

1. imported_Audi_DavE

imported_Audi_DavE Guest

Was just wondering if the b5 ever launched with a Driver information system. I have seen what looks like one in the manual for my car, in the dash, and was wondering if i could retrofit something simmliar to mine . Assumin gthe wiring loom is all in place, the same on all cars I mean, then it should be possible?

Regards

DavE
  2. CraigM

CraigM Member

It was available as an optional extra and standard fit on the quattro and (I think) SE models.

Not sure if you would be able to retrofit it - assuming all the wiring is there behind the dash you would need to change the instrument panel and the wiper stalk switch if yours doesn't already have the DIS control buttons on the end of it.

A lot of work/money for not that much gain.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd be really surprised if the wiring is already there. I haven't found anything on an Audi that is wired but not connected apart from the CD changer and then not always.
    Knowing Audi it would probably need a new ECU as well just to cope with the MPG calculation.