Retrofitted OEM Xenons

Well its funny you saying that cause I was just thinking how much they charge for them, maybe this is my calling, lol, I'm chatting with my local stealers about buying parts cheaper & mainly supply to forum members only, maybe I could do a kit, urrm have to see really.

As for my lights, well I havnt asked them, lol, ok its lame but its late.

Single my dear mr khufu, thing is with my move to italy I hope very soon I would need adaptives for lhd huh, but maybe if I move there but work here could keep car here anyway.

I need to study there leads as I'm sure they're wrong

Also MattAndrew's issues with the DRL's etc are related to the version of onboard power supply unit J519 being 17 byte not 21/23 & the wiring as I went through this with him after studying the schematics & some info online he found which taught me a thing or 2, so needs to update the board which Kufatec dont have a clue about

its unreal apart from there slow **** service which has cost me untold time in wrong wiring by them, they are selling kits to update the lights on older 8P's but in order for full functionaility the board has to be replaced with a newer & different one to now a K version which is the proper xenon board & maybe rewire to access the drl settings in vagcom

The halogen cars have a board installed that are wired differently & dont cater for all the functions for xenons in coding.

i just had some 6000k xenon bulb of ebay(£40) and found some guy to fit to my audi replaced bulb only which cost £50 took him 40mins to do both sides and amazing difference i found them alot better and brighter if you wanting to get your xenon bulb change this is the guy he also fit xenon kits too at great prices

max ( from leeds also mobile ) 07767 838052 quote jenna to get best price

audi garage charge £140 to do this without a bulb so very expensive

i just had some 6000k xenon bulb of ebay(£40) and found some guy to fit to my audi replaced bulb only which cost £50 took him 40mins to do both sides and amazing difference i found them alot better and brighter if you wanting to get your xenon bulb change this is the guy he also fit xenon kits too at great prices

max ( from leeds also mobile ) 07767 838052 quote jenna to get best price

audi garage charge £140 to do this without a bulb so very expensive

What does changing the bulb entail?

Pics?

I suspect its wheel arch cover of to get to rear of the light & then detach unplug all & swap & rebuild.

Havnt reinstalled Elsawin on vista again so will check when back up.

I'm sure there's an easier way than this fella, I'm gonna have a look tomorrow but yeah elsa shows the anal retentive way audi do things sometimes, but guess for them has to be the safest & easiest for there "audi trained techs" nudge nudge wink wink, not all but some defy me tbh

You do need to take the bumper off the take out the headlights, I have done it myself. But do you really need to take the lights off to change the xenon bulbs?

Yeah I remember Matt saying that the other week but to do the bulbs I'm sure its the wheel arch liner of & you can see rear of lights, I saw this when I did my S3 conversion.

Yeah I remember Matt saying that the other week but to do the bulbs I'm sure its the wheel arch liner of & you can see rear of lights, I saw this when I did my S3 conversion.

Removing the wheel arch liner gives you access to the front indicators, but I'm not sure if it helps with the headlights. Changing normal halogen bulbs is just about possible without taking the headlights out but I think the xenon units are bigger and may require more space.