1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofit USB interface to my S3

mephisto Jul 28, 2012

1. mephisto

mephisto Member

Hi just become a proud owner of a 2009 S3 so happy :)

Now im a bit late here, trawled through lots of tedious posts about 2gb/4gb transcend SD cards ridiculous! How do i retrofit an iphone or preferably USB interface so i can just plug in a USB stick or drive into my head unit (Satnav RNS-E i believe) Rather of course use a proper Audi interface cable.

Thanks and sorry if its been asked 50million times.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

TBH you have a few routes, but problem is you wont get any track/artist/album info on the head unit for iphone with current setup, the only addon is a dension that would give you possibly that info in the DIS of cluster & any usb interface wouldnt display much info about what you're playing either.

You may want to consider an upgrade of your rns-e to the latest version that can handle 32gb sdhc cards, so 64gb in total available to use in the 2 sd slots, also you can add the AMI unit, albeit at a cost, but that would give you the proper iphone/ipod interactivity control for the music.

3. mephisto

mephisto Member

Hmm yes was eyeing up the rns-e new versions on ebay, how much could i get for my old unit?

Not seen the AMI units available anywhere how much and where can i get them for S3?

Thanks.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Send me a PM mate as I supply/fit all these systems & we can discuss prices.