1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

retrofit reverse sensors where?

richs2891 Jun 25, 2008

1. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Where would be good to get my reverse sensors retro fitted ? Its the audi kit and they are all painted up. Spoke to Awesome GTI and they dont fit them ? So open to suggestion of where to go in the North West area.
    And no I dont really fancy fitting them my self !

Richard

2. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

Your Audi dealer will fit them if you cant find another local garage to do the job.

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Dude just do it yourself man, its a doddle & it comes with the wiring directions(I think)

just some careful removal of bumper & I do beleive the bumper already has the markings on the inside of the bumpers for the positioning of the sensors as its just a cut/drill out area, then run wires into reverse lamp light & connect to ground & the reverse positive, simple.

4. steveg9

steveg9 Member

I did them on a mk IV Golf and easy peasy although to be fair the sensors went into the (removeable) black inserts in the bumper (the main bumper and cover had cutouts)
    I think I paid ~ £35 delivered on fl-eBay

5. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Any suggestions of good garages in the North west area - before I ring the local Audi dealer ? as I am not willing to fit them my self

Richard

6. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

A good bodyshop i reccomend is Winsford Body Shop on Middlewich road, ask for Alan. They will most probably do it for you.

7. benw123

benw123 Moderator

I'm sure I recall from a previous thread on this topic that the rear bumper on the 8P has the parking sensor holes marked on the inside. You just locate them and drill the holes. Worth a quick search!

8. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member