Retrofit Rear Parking Sensors?

I now have the switch mount and two blanks fitted so I'll take a pic later and post up.

As promised.

Part numbers for MY2009 cars.

Switch mount/holder (replaces card drawer, only gripe about this retrofit!) - 8P0 941 567B
Square (left) blank - 8P0 941 516D 5PR
Round (end/right) blank - 8P0 941 516F 5PR
PDC button - 8P0 919 281 5PR

nb - 5PR denotes black (colour)

IMG 71671
IMG 71681

Last edited:
Reactions: Schlaag
Hi guys,

I'm new here joining from the Netherlands, don't pay any attention to some typo mistake's please :blink:

I'm also trying to retrofit front and rear parking sensors where I bought the following parts for it:
- Kufatec Central electr. Audi A3 8p >2009
- S-Line front bumper incl. 4x PDC sensors
- 8P0 971 085B (cable set PDC / front bumper)
- 8P0 919 475Q 8 channel PDC module

While I read this forum several times I'm still confused where I should plug the High and Low can cable's as I'm unable to find any gateway behind the glove box (LHD). :worked till 5am:

I found the 20 pins CAN gateway connector from the drivers side above the brake pedal and unplugged it (see image). But the cable of this connector is too short for any soldering activities.

Placing the fuse connector was not a problem, used pin 26 for it and attach a 5ampere fuse on it.

I only miss the can connection so appreciate it if some one can show me the way :)

Car info:
Audi A3 8PA, modell 2011

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 767
  • IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 769
I unplugged the connector from the can gateway, looks like the one you have pictured, stripped back the insulation and just split and re-soldered the cables.
Can't remember which ones, but it all worked fine

What year is your car? Do you have access to wiring diagrams? Do you know if your car supports PDC on the convenience or drivetrain can network?

What year is your car? Do you have access to wiring diagrams? Do you know if your car supports PDC on the convenience or drivetrain can network?

A3 S-Line from 2011. Can info: 7N0 907 530 J it should support.

I unplugged the connector from the can gateway, looks like the one you have pictured, stripped back the insulation and just split and re-soldered the cables.
Can't remember which ones, but it all worked fine

I can use the can cateway from the drivers side. But need to now which pins i can use to connect the low and high can cables? No any idea?

Btw; the manual of Kufatec is useless. Stripping, soldering is not a problem :friendly wink:

I didnt get a kufatec manual to download!
I can have a look on Elsawin for the pin locations

I didnt get a kufatec manual to download!
I can have a look on Elsawin for the pin locations

That will be great :yahoo:

Could it be:

- High --> pin 15 Orange/Green
- Low --> pin 5 Orange/Brown

A
Upload 2015 5 30 23 30 0

B383 - Connection 1 (drive train CAN bus, high), in main wiring harness
B384 - Connection 2 (drive train CAN bus, high), in main wiring harness
B390 - Connection 1 (drive train CAN bus, low), in main wiring harness
B391 - Connection 2 (drive train CAN bus, low), in main wiring harness
J533 - Data bus diagnostic interface
ws = white
sw = black
ro = red
br = brown
gn = green
bl = blue
gr = grey
li = purple
ge = yellow
or = orange
rs = pink

Iirc 6 and 16 were empty but when you open the can gateway box you can see which ones go to the same connection anyway

awesome info chaps, thanks...

bookmarking this for when i retro fit a front sensor install to my s3, expect further questions...

it didn't take long, first question...

can anyone provide the part number for the wiring loom from front to back please (from module in boot to front bumper). also require the part number for the front loom please (8P0971085?)...

car is a 2010 s3...

cool, thanks mate. just ordered from kufatec now...

do you know the audi part number for the front sensor loom and sensors required for the 2010 s3 please?

Hi Guile,

I used these sensors: 1S0 919 275 A x8 (front and rear). I also got the loomings from Kufatec.

thanks all for your help...

just getting the parts list together that i think i will require, any input on this will be appreciated...

front loom - 8P0971085C
front to rear loom - kufatec 38317
sensors x 4 - 420919275 (LY9B)
sensor brackets x 4 - 7P6919491A
cabin switch - 8P09192815PR

i will check my rear reverse parking module at the weekend to confirm if there is a spare connector to plug the front to rear loom in to...

does anyone know what rear parking module part number i will need to make this work please?

You also need a buzzer for the front.
You can check the module no.with vcds if you have access to it.

Reactions: guile
You also need a buzzer for the front.
You can check the module no.with vcds if you have access to it.

thanks for the tip mate, i just ordered one. does this plug in to the loom that runs from the module or loom that the sensors connect to please?

anymore tips, keep them coming cheers...

thanks for the tip mate, i just ordered one. does this plug in to the loom that runs from the module or loom that the sensors connect to please?

anymore tips, keep them coming cheers...
It plugs into the module loom, along with the pdc button and illumination wire, the loom then continues onto the front pdc
Yeah, the last front sensor is the one on the drivers side (assuming your r/h drive)
Or they'll be back to front like mine were!

yep RHD thanks, you obviously know a bit about this stuff...

i thought i was all set and ordered everything i needed until they guy who i'm buying the front loom from told me it had connectors for 6 sensors. do you know if this is correct please, i'v only ordered 4...

these are the part numbers for items ordered so far...

front loom - 8P0971085C
front to rear loom - kufatec 38317
sensors x 4 - 420919275 (LY9B)
sensor brackets x 4 - 7P6919491A
cabin switch - 8P09192815PR
beeper alarm - 8E0919279
q.max sheet metal punch - 18.6mm

can you confirm if the following is the basic arrangement please...

kuftec 38317 loom plugs in to control module in boot (drivers side?)
front loom, cabin switch and beeper plug in to kuftec 38317
pdc sensors plug in to front loom running with last sensor at drivers side x 4
punch holes out of bumper and number plate surround x 4

really appreciate your help thanks mate...

and also just checked my module, can anyone confirm if this is good please...

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 8P0-919-475-7X1.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 919 475 G HW: 8P0 919 475
Component: PARKHILFE 4K H06 0120
Revision: 11001001 Serial number: 93630930108311
Coding: 000003
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 428B4E2BDD5CFF0ECD3-8017

No fault code found.

I only know a bit because I did the complete front and rear retrofit.
The 6 sensor front loom is for the self park, maybe if you just use the centre 4 connectors it will be OK.
I used a new grill with the pdc holes already in.
It came up at the right time and meant I could go with a black edition front end. The other 2 I drilled from the back with a cone cutter and used the holders.
It's not a daunting job tbh, most of the time will be spent running the cabled.
Also iirc there are 2 different types of dash switches as they updated them, separate switches or modules, have you checked?

nice one, thanks again Ju...

ordered what I think are all the parts at the weekend, guess we'll find out once they eventually show up...

Hi, I'm a new member and have read through the stickies, I think it's okay to resurrect this old thread; it's been invaluable to me so far and have read through it a lot, but I think I've come out the other end somewhat confused on some things. I've been using this forum a lot recently so thought about time I signed up.

I recently bought an MY2009 A3 Sportback Sport 1.6.. and have been slowly adding and replacing bits here and there as it was in a sorry state. I have gotten my hands on a 2009 S-line rear bumper replacement with 18/19mm PCD holes and factory fitted brackets and intact sensor wiring loom; so I thought this was an excuse to add audio rear parking assist, OEM factory fitted if possible.

I'm attempting to gather the parts; so far I have the sensors wiring loom part no. 8P0971085A, which according to ETKA I think is actually for use with both front and rear parking assist? Am I right in thinking I will not be able to use this loom?

I also have 4 PCD sensors all part no. 4H0919275. On ETKA these only exist for the A3 with an A on the end: 4H0919275A. So I am am confused as to if these will work for an 8P3 A3. They have a manufacture date of 7.02.2011. It seems from ebay and other such reputable sites that there are a number of interchangeable part numbers for these PCD sensors.

If the sensors are compatible for the 8P3 which module would I need? Not sure if I need a module newer or older than my car MY09.

I rang my local Audi dealers but the guy there wasn't very helpful and didn't fill me with confidence so thought I'd ask you guys as you know everything and more it seems!

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm in the process of fitting rear parking sensors, is it essential to fit the parking button pdc button the in the dash or not really? And if so do they have the button for the the rear sensors or just the front?

The button is purely for the front sensors and is only part of the front wiring loom anyway

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Hi i was just wondering if i fit the aftermarket parking sensors that tap in to reverse light wire will it show up as fault on dis

Hello, i'm new here. I retrofited parking sensors for my A3 8p 2010 with advices from you here, but now i have one problem, i don't know how to activate the sensors with the VAG COM. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks

Have you ticked the box in the gateway installation list?

I connected all the wires but i want to know if somebody can tell me what is the code to activate the sensors (i forgot to tell you that the sensors are oem with the original pdc unit and the cable connectec to the CAN unit

I didn't connect to vag com yet becuse i'm afraid to mess up the computer of the car

That's what I'm saying, you need to go into vcds and tick the box in the installation list in the can gateway
Then you can code the parking module to your car spec.
You can't mess your coding up by plugging vcds in and just looking

Okay this seems to be the thread to go to for the PDC on the 8P. I am in the states where we never had the option of PDC on the 8P. My Car is a 2008 8P2 car with a VR6 Turbo engine. I am getting around to the looks of the car and installing a S3 body. I have aquired a 2011 or so 8P3 rear S3 bumper with the PDC they are the small sensors with the small 3 pin plug. I know what bumper harness to get its the 085A version has the small plugs for the sensors and connect to the 12 pin plug for the PDC module. Since my car is a 8p2 and the sensors are new style im not sure if I should order the new or late style body innerface harness for kufatec. Also do I want early 283 module or the newer 475 modules? I am buying everything here in the UK so I would rather not have to guess and check. LOL Any help would be great! Thanks

Hello, I am new here. I bought front to rear loom - kufatec 38317 and I do not know where to connect one cable described "beleuchtung / taster"?? could help someone??

It’s German for lighting push button. I imagine you can pick up the lighting feed from the ESP switch.

Yes, I know it's German. I also did it, I just don't understand for what is lighting for PDC sensors and I would like to connect it correctly

It's most likely the illumination feed for the switch to turn them on and off. Post a pic of the wiring diagram it may help us to help you.