Retrofit puddle lights & door warning lights to 8V - help please.

Found what I was looking for (Front Door Module Wiring).

Pin 8 is the ambient lighting pin - now just need to figure out why its not working with the LED lights.
Screen Shot 2016 09 18 at 11031 AM

Rear door question again!
Just tried this again now the coding is available and with VCDS I can activate everything I need. But, it seems that my rear door controller has the pin I need (pin 12 live feed) missing from the 16 pin connector.
Upload 2016 12 11 14 22 35

But I notice on Urazilia's post above (#92) that he doesn't have this pin either and he's got it to work. I'm obviously missing something can anyone tell me what it is, where does this cable go?
Thanks.

Sorted :yahoo:

I'd got my pin numbers mixed up :whistle2:.

Earth cable (brown) is pin 13! Not 5 as I thought. And so the live feed goes next to it in slot 12, not opposite it.

Reactions: rcnacura
After finding that it's going to be a few more days before my VAS-ODIS ships, I decided to re-enable the rear door modules and fiddle with the coding with VCDS. I got it on my second attempt and only had to change one digit, the 4th from the left, from a 3 to a 5.
Original coding: 004317204000048000000002
Working coding: 004517204000048000000002

I suspect that in cars with different options (or adaptations) that this same digit is the one that needs to be adjusted. If you decide to attempt yourself, just make a note of your own original coding first just in case....

Just in case anyone looks at the above coding and has something totally different, don't worry so did I.
Below is the before and after VCDS coding for my rear door modules, however it's still the same digit that changes to a '5'.
Upload 2016 12 17 17 41 40

Do this on both BB & BC modules and it'll work.

Good afternoon,
I am Antonio from Spain, sorry for my English.

I have an Audi 8V and I have module in the rear doors.

In the installation I had no problem + 12V on pin 12 and ground on pin 13.
The problem I have in the VCDS, I follow the process but it will not let me add the modules BB and BC.

I do this:

Run an AutoScan
Clear DTC's
Un-Tick display freeze frame
Run AutoScan = Should be no errors

But he does not let me add it either.
Can you help me?? Thank you.

I have forgotten to comment that I VCDS is on 12.12.3

Which one do you use ??

Hello Antonio,
I did mine with version 15.x but *I thought* I read somewhere that the current version of VCDS now accommodates the coding more directly. DJAlix details how to enable the modules in post #97 of this thread and I posted what worked for me in making the long coding adjustments in post #108. If you don't have a genuine VAG-COM cable I'm not sure it's possible to do the necessary coding to enable the module features for the rear doors. Is there anything preventing you from using the latest VCDS?
Aron

What version of VCDS do you have, is it the latest and is it a genuine cable. If it's up to date then DJALIX's info is correct from page 3.

• 19 - CAN Gatway
  • Select Gateway installation List
  • Scroll down and activate Modules "BB - Door Rear Drv Side" and "BC - Door Rear Pass Side"
  • Save
  • Code Modules as needed in order to activate lights
  • 19 - CAN Gatway
  • Select Gateway installation List
  • Scroll down and remove modules "BB - Door Rear Drv Side" and "BC - Door Rear Pass Side"
  • Save
  • Run an AutoScan
  • Clear DTC's
  • Un-Tick display freeze frame
  • Run AutoScan = Should be no errors

Es que me compré el cable 12.12.3 y le dije al vendedor que no pudo ser actualizado.

El error que me llega es el siguiente;

SORRY

Is that I bought the 12.12.3 cable and told the seller that it could not be updated.

The error that comes to me is as follows;

Hi.
I was fitted with a puddle light and warning light on the front door of A3 8V MY15.
On the 8V model - the supply is pin 16 and the earth is pin 5.

After wiring, it requires coding of both the driver's seat side and the passenger side.
Please refer to the following URL coding settings.
http://garage.jenare.com/pack-eclairage-dans-les-portieres/

Unfortunately, I do not know the wiring method of puddle light and warning light of the rear door.Please let me know someone good idea.

Good luck!
Could someone help me please,

I did as quoted, I wired it up to pin 16 and 5 (earth), also activated it (but via obdeleven) and it did not work!

I am talking about the front doors I haven't gotten to rears yet!

7fe445fccfc110bedd93da8e02b8dfe2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It looks like you worked at wrong connector. This connector is T20 connector. Find T32 connector. This T32 connector locate at the trim side of the door. And it is plugged vertically at the left side of the door controller .

It looks like you worked at wrong connector. This connector is T20 connector. Find T32 connector. This T32 connector locate at the trim side of the door. And it is plugged vertically at the left side of the door controller .
I know now which connector you mean,

is there anyway to disconnect the cable from the wrong connector ?

e6117f23183ee124f6db8a5026f27d77.jpg

That one right ?

e6117f23183ee124f6db8a5026f27d77.jpg

That one right ?

Having done the door lights myself recently I can say yes that's the one with the pink clamp....

On your question of getting the wire out of the other one, simply use something pointed in the connector square hole to push back the metal clip of the pin as you are gently pulling the wire out.

Reactions: mike260193
Once you'e put it into T32b hole 16 and reassembled it then close the door and then open it, the lights should now work.

Once you'e put it into T32b hole 16 and reassembled it then close the door and then open it, the lights should now work.
So it is 16 live and 5 Earth,? Just to confirm

Reactions: T-800
Can't seem to find the wiring for rear doors

Brown wire can't remember the PIN number off hand

But there's only one brown earth in that connector.
Sorry to bother that much, but do you happen to know the coding if necessary?

Sorry to bother that much, but do you happen to know the coding if necessary?

Bit 2 needs ticking.
Then close and open the doors and lights will come on.
cd3cd13b9b7924935117050cb2a58728.jpg

Rear BB & BC modules are the same bit that needs ticking too.

Bit 2 needs ticking.
Then close and open the doors and lights will come on.
cd3cd13b9b7924935117050cb2a58728.jpg

Rear BB & BC modules are the same bit that needs ticking too.
Sorry I am doing it through obdeleven, can you point me in wich section I am supposed to turn them on? It shows door electric driver and passenger side but not rears

Sorry I am doing it through obdeleven, can you point me in wich section I am supposed to turn them on? It shows door electric driver and passenger side but not rears

Obdeleven cannot access to the rear door module of A3 8V. You may use newest version of vag-com, VCP or ODIS.

Obdeleven cannot access to the rear door module of A3 8V. You may use newest version of vag-com, VCP or ODIS.
Thank you! I would have to look somewhere around South Miami, USA to code it !

Thanks a lot !

98a70562c3c3fd823872092e8766ea02.jpg

My progress so far, just missing the coding for the rear doors.

Reactions: T-800
Well I just want to mention I was able to activate it with the obdeleven, they helped me, basically it is the same steps.

If someone needs some help I am more than welcome to help.

Thanks to all that helped me!

Btw, I forgot to change one of the lights, because I placed LEDs and I need to do it again but it is way easier!

Reactions: BodegaBay and T-800
Guys

I have a 3 door hatch and without reading the entire thread, can someone tell me what I need to get/buy for puddle light and the end door light.

I have extended leather pack coming this week and would like to do these jobs all in one - thanks :)

Really want to do learn how to do this, have odbeleven so probably could code it into MMI fine but its the electrics side im worried about fudging up.

Does anyone know what parts are needed for this or whether any guides have gone up yet? This threads a long read but super scrambled.

Chaps,

Have seen a german seller on ebay do the assembly package here for £65 a door. Is it easy enough to fit the cables using the previous images in this thread making them effectively plug and play? As I can code it via odbeleven myself.

Can only see the issue being the rear doors, as i probably dont have a rear door control unit?
  • Only possible on models with an rear door control unit, this is installed when a or more of the options are:
    • Parental Electr. Press (PR-4 H 5, switch in the drivers door for rear doors)
    • illuminated interior door handles are installed (PR-QQ4)
    • illuminated speaker grilles are installed (PR-QQ4)
    • Decor deposits (PR-5MA, 5MB, 5MD, 5MY, 5TD, 5TG, 7TM)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8...265278?hash=item46748f64fe:g:TOMAAOSwceNaU9LP

or are they just the same as these which were previously mentioned?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8Pc...-A5-A6-Allroad-Quattro-A7-A8/32244414920.html

Last edited: