Retrofit Interior Lightpack

cosmicblue

Reaction score
With an A3 on order I'm somewhat regretting not ordering an Interior light pack.

Does anyone know if such things can be fitted afterwards? Perhaps Audi do a kit.

I have an S-Line coming and that has the illuminated vanity mirrors as standard.

Footwell lamps (I guess that's included - it was in my Cab) and the ambient lighting LEDs in the overhead console would be the bits I'd really like to get.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm afraid I can't help you but I didn't realise the Interior Light Pack featured such cool sounding things as "ambient lighting LEDs in the overhead console". I haven't ordered this either but it might not be too late to get it added - has anyone got any pics of the interior at night with this pack? And maybe an interior without for comparison?

I have a couple pics in my gallery (link in signature). Unfortunately the lighting doesn't show up that well in pictures, there's only a small hint of red visible in them - in real life it looks much better, and I'd absolutely recommend getting the pack.

What you get is the footwell lights, the ambient lights in the overhead console, an ambient light in the storage area in the center console and the lights at the door handles. And maybe something else which I already forgot..

And as far as I know the pack isn't available for retrofitting..

I have ordered this pack for mine, one question,

What is the overhead console?

Uhm.. Well.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif It's the "console" on the roof where the interior light is also located. Which remains me that the interior light pack will also add two more lights there - a spot light for both the driver and the passenger.

Oh - I see you mean the map reading lights and I thought it was something flash and snazzy

What did you think was "flash and snazzy"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif The map reading lights are not the same as the ambient interior lights - they are separate.

The ambient lights (at least on an A4 Cab) are two red LEDs that bathe the gearshift/centre console in a very soft red light - not bright enough to be distracting - (you can just make out your hands).

For the Ambient lighting bit - power must already be in the the overhead console so i wonder if it is just a case of swapping over - I'll have to ask a dealer.

Are the red lights on the door edges when they are open (as opposed to reflectors) and the 'puddle' lights part of SE spec or the light pack?

According to the Audi price list the Interior Light Pack includes - Illuminated door openers, vanity mirrors, storage compartment, footwell lights, reading lights in front and rear, ambient lighting and active door reflectors.

This pack is optional on the Standard, Sport and S-Line models but standard on the SE.

It's the same for both the 3-door and the Sportback.

I done the same thing, ordered my A3 without the interior light pack. When I was getting my car serviced last year I enquired about a retro-fit.

Basically the easiest part to do would be the map reading unit (with ambient lights), it should be a direct replacement, followed by the footwell lighting. The hardest, or most expensive would be the vanity lights and the door lights both would require new trim panels/door cards.

If I remember right I was quoted something like 65 quid for the map light unit and a further 6 quid (each) for the light holder for the footwell light.

Didn't do it in the end but if I do get another Audi when I change my car next year I will definitely be putting this pack in with the order.

Scott

Click the links in my sig for details of footwell and puddle lighting kits.