Retrofit DAB Module to HDD Navigation

mitalm

Audi A3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Currently an Audi A3 owner but my dad has just bought a late 2010 A6 2.0 TDI. As the title suggests I'm wondering how easy it would be to retrofit the DAB module and how I can check if the required windows are installed for the aerial. It has the HDD navigation system and both rear side windows look like they have the integrated aerials. I'm unaware which MMI version it is, most likely to be 3G. Let me know if anyone can help. :)

Failing that we'll probably pay for a professional retrofit service, obviously this will be significantly more expensive though... :/

Cheers!

If uou need someone to retrofit, site sponsor NHN is the retrofit legend on here. :) x

I've seen him post a lot in the A3 forum but didn't know if he crossed over! :p

I will PM him now! :)

Nigel (nhn) retrofits across the audi range. :) x

Unfortunately with 3G you need a whole replacement radio unit as the DAB is not a seperate module like MMI 2G.

This ranges from £200-300 without the other various bits for the antenna connections.

Part numbers are 4F0 035 061 B or 4F0 035 061 D .. These will have component protection enabled which needs removed at Audi and VCDS coding at the end.

Unfortunately with 3G you need a whole replacement radio unit as the DAB is not a seperate module like MMI 2G.

This ranges from £200-300 without the other various bits for the antenna connections.

Part numbers are 4F0 035 061 B or 4F0 035 061 D .. These will have component protection enabled which needs removed at Audi and VCDS coding at the end.

Ah damn, have you had any experience with the aftermarket units that add DAB radio to the MMI units? Obviously I wanted to stay legitimate Audi but if it's going to be a serious cost that a third party unit may have to suffice.