1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofit Cruise Control and DIS?

TDIQ Aug 11, 2010

1. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

Is it possible to retrofit the DIS system. I have a screen that says 'OK' when I turn the car on, but doesn't have MPG or anything like that.

Also, can I retrofit cruise control, even if retrofitting the DIS isn't possible?

Thanks

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

You can retrofit Cruise Control, costs about £100, if you do a search on here or even on google, you can get all the info there....

The DIS, can be done, but will cost you an arm and a leg and will probably have to change your whole cluster.

3. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

Ah ok, I'll do the cruise control, not too bothered by DIS. So I can definitely fit it, if all I have is a drive by wire throttle?

4. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

You can retrofit cruise for a few quid if you have DBW (electronic) throttle control. You buy the stalk/electrical connections and then code it in with VCDS (VAG-COM). If you don't have drive-by-wire, and you have a pre-facelift cable-throttle (analogue, old-skool mechanical (string tied to the pedal litterally pulling at the throttle valve)); you can retrofit cruise, but it's a bit more of an investment both in pound notes and sweat. Your 02 plate will by DBW, so it's the 'easy' way... A search will probably yield loads of useful information (in this forum, and the VCDS/VAG-COM section too I'd guess) - there might even be stuff in the FAQs...

One thing you can do, which is completely free, though... Change/remove that sig .gif - I'm not going to sit here measuring it to see if it fits exactly within spec of the rules or not, as we both know it's a bit OTT...

Cheers,

Rob.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010