Retrofit comfort suspension

JohnE

2005 A3 Sport 1.6 FSI
Reaction score
What's involved in a move from Sport (not S-line) to comfort suspension - car's a 1.6 FSI 2005 Sport and they might as well not have bothered fitting any suspension for all the good it is. I don't want to move away from what might have been fitted originally (wasn't it a no-cost option?) but wondering how big a job it would be.

Not bothered about handling - this car's so gutless I don't really need to worry about cornering speeds :)

Depends what you mean by comfort suspension.

stupid question but are your typre pressures all good first? shouldn't be that hard a ride should it?

NHN - sorry if I'm not using the right terminology - I thought that was an Audi term - what I mean is, I thought there was a less filling-loosening version of the suspension dunno the proper name that was also fitted to A3s - from what I can glean from the brochures posted on line, the sport has a "sportier" suspension - not sure if that means harder, lower, both or what - but if there's a way to get a better ride using parts that could have been fitted from new, I'd like an idea of what needs changing.

Matt - check the pressures regularly and they are what's on back of the fuel flap.

I guess it isn't helping that the roads around here are like medieval cart tracks, but that's not likely to change any time soon, and I don't think anyone's going to do me a part-ex on this car that would make financial sense - hence wondering if I can make the car a bit more to my liking :)

I would give Damian @ DPM a site sponsor a shout for suspension upgrade, eibach pro's are a good setup, coupled with Koni FSD shocks, we use this setup & its good.

Don't bother with oem if you intend to strip it down, go for aftermarket if you're removing it all IMHO.

Thanks all - food for thought. Robbie - is it just springs, or anti-roll bars, shocks etc?

Thanks all - food for thought. Robbie - is it just springs, or anti-roll bars, shocks etc?

Hi John, I'm not the best person to ask about anti roll bars and shocks.
But my understanding of it is that the SE springs are 15mm longer and softer than the sport springs. Feel free to correct me :)
My answer before seemed the most logical for a softer ride.
Saying that depends on how much ur willing to spend.
As above u could get an adjustable suspension package if ur flush :)

Far from flush - or I'd just chop the car for a newer SE :) Thanks for the reply.