1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro-fitting xenons

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Agent_Trig, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

Has anyone done this and what was the costs involved to do the job properly?

And how does the factory xenons compare to aftermarket HIDs?

I know it's not all the important to many of you but I'm coming from a car that had aftermarket HIDs fitted and I wouldn't really wanna go back to standard lights now.

Thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. RU55SSO

RU55SSO Member

its quite expensive mate.... personally im just going aftermarket lights and better standard bulbs i cant afford the bi xenon conversion i would just make sure my next audi has it.

4. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

There's loads of threads on this fella. I know ASNs search function is pants but if you use google and filter ASNs posts that way you'll get your answers

Aftermarket Xenons = no-no. They burn out the wiper motor due to spikes in voltage. Defo not worth it

5. hollow

hollow Well-Known Member

after market hids can be fitted but make sure the ballasts have the can bus error remover included ,plus the headlights will need recoding with vagcom or they will flicker

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Mot rules to come in will prohibit the aftermarket hid kits & require headlight washers & levelling systems, I suspect VOSA will do some serious spot checks if/when it comes into play & big fines aswell.

7. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

Not before time I reckon !!!:icon_thumright:

Just got blinded from behind by some prat in a lowered golf with no levelling kit !!

8. illogik

illogik Member

I did it - found a set of OE xenons on ebay, coupled with the converter wiring harness from oemplus and some VAG coding = pnp swap.