Retro-fitting xenons

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
Has anyone done this and what was the costs involved to do the job properly?

And how does the factory xenons compare to aftermarket HIDs?

I know it's not all the important to many of you but I'm coming from a car that had aftermarket HIDs fitted and I wouldn't really wanna go back to standard lights now.

Thanks

its quite expensive mate.... personally im just going aftermarket lights and better standard bulbs i cant afford the bi xenon conversion i would just make sure my next audi has it.

There's loads of threads on this fella. I know ASNs search function is pants but if you use google and filter ASNs posts that way you'll get your answers

Aftermarket Xenons = no-no. They burn out the wiper motor due to spikes in voltage. Defo not worth it

after market hids can be fitted but make sure the ballasts have the can bus error remover included ,plus the headlights will need recoding with vagcom or they will flicker

Mot rules to come in will prohibit the aftermarket hid kits & require headlight washers & levelling systems, I suspect VOSA will do some serious spot checks if/when it comes into play & big fines aswell.

Mot rules to come in will prohibit the aftermarket hid kits & require headlight washers & levelling systems, I suspect VOSA will do some serious spot checks if/when it comes into play & big fines aswell.

Not before time I reckon !!!:icon_thumright:

Just got blinded from behind by some prat in a lowered golf with no levelling kit !!

I did it - found a set of OE xenons on ebay, coupled with the converter wiring harness from oemplus and some VAG coding = pnp swap.