Retro fitting Reversing sensors from a vw?

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi boys and girls

Iv got a VW Passat TDI Highline in my possession that im just about to break into bits,

It has the reverse parking sensors system set up on it and i fancy nicking it fort my audi A4 which does not have it,

Im sure you can see where im going with this one,

But can it be done or am i flogging a dead horse ?

Well problem is if it would be recognised on the canbus network mate given its not one of the reverse light, but alot of VAG parts are fairly interoperable (think got that word right) so anythings possible, you'd need to wire up the power & can wires & then get vagcom on it to see if it picks it up in the PDC module within vagcom.

What year is the passat?

Also check within etka if the part numbers for the sensor & control module comes up for anyother VAG models, if it does then more of a chance it'll work.

Then as I said above, check etka & also try wiring the control module etc upto your car net & see if it shows up in vagcom ok.

i cant even find any loom in place to fit anything to, so iv traced the loom in the passat all the way back to the front of the car, looks like a right balls ache if the looms not already in place from the factory, you would think that the loom would be there ready to be instaled, what would Audi do if you ask them to fit it after wards to your car ? Can they do it?

They have an aftermarket kit for that, they dont install oem kits mate for pdc, it was unlikely your car is wired for pdc anyway if not from factory with, only seen prewired on door looms tbh as its cheaper to make & easier as so small, the aftermarket one from audi is same as others but 5 times as much & works exactly as others of reverse light wire to signal on.