1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

retro fitting options...

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by SteveTDCi, Sep 29, 2007.

1. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Sep 29, 2007]
    Is it possible to retro fit any of the following and has anyone attempted any of them ?

Auto dim rear view mirror
    Auto lights
    rain sensing wipers
    MFSW with paddles

Thanks
    Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Sep 29, 2007]
    You could tie in the first three together but wont be cheap as you'll need a new screen as thats where the rain sensor is, obv the mirror needs replacing as well! you'll also need a new headlight control switch for the auto-lights but its certainly do-able.

MFSW much easier but again wont be cheap, new wheel and possibly new steering wheel ECU and slip ring may be required, And of course access to VAG-COM, All very do-able though.

I just completed retro-fitting auto-dimming exterior door mirrors, a bugger of a job but well worth the effort now its all done I feel.:icon_thumright:
  4. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Sep 29, 2007]
    hmmmm i'll look at the windscreen, my present golf has the rain sensors and i know rhwy asked when I needed the replacement screen. The actual sensor is built into the mirror. I have the dimming mirrors on the GOlf as well and once you have had them its difficult not wanting them again, I always thought they were a gimic but after a hired astra I missed them.
  5. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Sep 29, 2007]
    The light sensor is in the rear-view mirror housing, the rain sensor sits above it on the under side of the screen, I guess you might be able to fit the sensor to your original screen but I doubt it would look OEM.

Drove 200 miles last night in the dark and the dimming exterior mirrors were great, worth the aggro of fitting them for sure.
  6. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Sep 30, 2007]
    How expensive is it to retro fit the dimming mirrors ?
  7. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Sep 30, 2007]
    The mirror glasses come up on ebay from time to time. Not cheap from Audi though, no surprise there I guess - they are around £160+ vat (each!)