1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro fit steering wheel

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tdiprodigy, Apr 23, 2008.

1. tdiprodigy

tdiprodigy New Member

[Apr 23, 2008]
    Hi all,

I have been using this site for the last month or so and have found it very useful with regards to buying my audi and have recently become the proud owner of an early 04 a3 2.0tdi sport.

Now i have searched hi and low about steering wheels but still cannot make sence of it, i really like the look and feel of the newer mfsw compared to the wheel i have at the moment. now i know that wheel will not have full functionality as i only have the basic concert radio, but can i fit it and have the basic controls like volume and track change?

I know this has been flogged to death on here but a little clarification would be great.

again props to all who contribute to the wealth of information to be found on this forum.

Cheers:applaus:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

[Apr 23, 2008]
    You'd probably need a new steering ecu (if you don't have cruise or MFSW) and perhaps a small loom to connect the switches, if it doesn't come with the wheel. Oh and a few vagcom tweeks. Have a search around, the info is on here somewhere!
  4. tdiprodigy

tdiprodigy New Member

[Apr 24, 2008]
    Thanks JohnS3 , i will have a bit more dig around and see whats what.