1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro fit RNS-E

s1hal May 5, 2008

1. s1hal

s1hal New Member

I'm looking for a company in or around Edinburgh that will retro fit an RNS-E system to my B6. I've got a single DIN concert II at the moment so i'll need the double DIN conversion done too. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks in advance.

:uhm:

2. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

http://www.vwcruise.com/9.html

Theses guys cover Scotland I think. They charge over a grand though! Be cheaper if you got your screwdrivers out - parts should be under £500 if bought from the 'bay.

3. s1hal

s1hal New Member

Thanks Issac, thats exactly what I was looking for. I don't fancy doing it myself. I'd probably have to call these guys in afterwards to fix it :laugh:

4. purplesweetie

purplesweetie New Member

It is quite easy to do using the guide thats on this site.
    I took 2.5 hours and I'm not that good at DIY or car mechanics.
    Just take your time and save yourself a small fortune.

5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

I've retrofitted an RNS-E to my last two Audis (a B6 S4 and a B7 RS4) - first time took me an hour, second time took me 30 minutes.

If you have a single DIN radio expect it to take quite a lot longer since you need to modify the centre console as well.

6. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Wonder how long it will take me to retrofit the OEM Bluetooth system to my RNS-e

7. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

1 hour ish plus VAG-COM is all mine took on an A4.

8. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

Same here to fit it to my RS4.