1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro fit OEM privacy glass - Transplant

Tempy Mar 17, 2013

1. Tempy

Tempy Member

Hi all,

I have been offered a fairly good price on a full set of rear OEM privacy glass from a broken A3. Is it possible to transplant if the original is carefully removed, or is the rear bonded and likely to cause problems?

I obviously have no plans to attempt this myself, but could a decent fitter remove and fit or would a donor rear be useless?

Thanks.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yes it can be done, by a professional glass installer, I use Old School Windscreens in Chertsey or all my tints/glass, as even if they're nowhere near me, they're that good I'm willing to travel for.

3. Tempy

Tempy Member

Thank you Nigel. You've put my mind at ease and thanks for the recommendation.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Eva is the person to speak to, say Audi Nigel sent you over, she's brilliant as is her brother & there guys are top notch :)

5. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

Is the OEM Privacy glass just with tints applied or is the actual glass darker than normal?

6. Tempy

Tempy Member

It's darkened glass rather than applied tinted film. At least I hope so otherwise I'm going to a lot of trouble for nothing :)