1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro fit DIS

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by chrisru, Oct 7, 2007.

1. chrisru

chrisru Guest

[Oct 7, 2007]
    I've followed the threads about the colour vs red DIS, so I realise I can't fit a colour DIS to my car but all I want to get is DIS. My B7 doesn't have the multifunction stalk for DIS but is it a matter of fitting the stalk and telling the electronics that it is there? Anyone else done this?

Thanks

Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Yes, just fit the new stalk and code it to the car using VAG-COM. You may also need to ground a wire to prevent the low washer fluid warning from always being on, Pretty straightforward though.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2007]
    A 3.0TDi quattro s-line doesn't have a computer as standard?
    You are kidding me?
    It's not as simple as just adding the stalk, I think you need a new DIS. Audi don't tend to leave unused electronics lying around behind the dash just waiting for someone to connect them up.
  5. G4JSG

G4JSG Gotcha!!! VCDS Map User

[Oct 10, 2007]
    I had a B6 without DIS and I had an audi tech on it for 6 hours with loads of bits and he couldn't get it to work.

So unless the B7 is lots different I would bet if it deosn't have it then it can't be added.
  6. timps

timps Shakersville

[Oct 10, 2007]
    Try reading this thread on TSN as these guys have retrofitted DIS on a B6 it may be what you are looking for.
    Link

They have enabled DIS just with a new stalk & without a new cluster, but I am not sure what functionality if any is missing over the factory fitted DIS and if the B7 is the same.
  7. jase0851

jase0851 Member

[Oct 11, 2007]

andy motrosparkz has just done it by adding a different stalk and coding

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=431156#post431156
  8. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Oct 12, 2007]
    On a B7 it is that simple, I have fitted this a few weeks ago to my dad's B7 2.0 TDI and it all works a treat.
  9. chrisru

chrisru Guest

[Oct 13, 2007]
    Thanks for the advice, and in reply to AndyMac I wish that Audi didn't make all of these items options as it's a pain when you buy secondhand but they do seem keen to get every penny out of people.