Retro fit DIS

C

chrisru

I've followed the threads about the colour vs red DIS, so I realise I can't fit a colour DIS to my car but all I want to get is DIS. My B7 doesn't have the multifunction stalk for DIS but is it a matter of fitting the stalk and telling the electronics that it is there? Anyone else done this?

Thanks

Chris

Yes, just fit the new stalk and code it to the car using VAG-COM. You may also need to ground a wire to prevent the low washer fluid warning from always being on, Pretty straightforward though.

A 3.0TDi quattro s-line doesn't have a computer as standard?
You are kidding me?
It's not as simple as just adding the stalk, I think you need a new DIS. Audi don't tend to leave unused electronics lying around behind the dash just waiting for someone to connect them up.

I had a B6 without DIS and I had an audi tech on it for 6 hours with loads of bits and he couldn't get it to work.

So unless the B7 is lots different I would bet if it deosn't have it then it can't be added.

Try reading this thread on TSN as these guys have retrofitted DIS on a B6 it may be what you are looking for.
Link

They have enabled DIS just with a new stalk & without a new cluster, but I am not sure what functionality if any is missing over the factory fitted DIS and if the B7 is the same.

AndyMac said:
You are kidding me?
It's not as simple as just adding the stalk, I think you need a new DIS. Audi don't tend to leave unused electronics lying around behind the dash just waiting for someone to connect them up.

andy motrosparkz has just done it by adding a different stalk and coding

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=431156#post431156

AndyMac said:
You are kidding me?

On a B7 it is that simple, I have fitted this a few weeks ago to my dad's B7 2.0 TDI and it all works a treat.

Thanks for the advice, and in reply to AndyMac I wish that Audi didn't make all of these items options as it's a pain when you buy secondhand but they do seem keen to get every penny out of people.