Retro fit DIS stalk

Daza

Reaction score
Hi, Has anybody ever fitted a different wiper stalk with DIS available on it at the same time as doing cruise control, i have a MFSw so i presume i can do this. Its a a b7 quattro 2005 year. And any links to any videos to do either would be helpful,i already have VCDS so not a problem to recode.

Thanks

I can't see why you can't do both at same time as long as code correctly. Not much use I know. but I thought I'd try sell you a DIS stalk if your interested as I have a saloon version spare as I bought 1 accidently thinking it was for avant.

Yes, I did both together. Very little need for a video.... Bolt to take off steering wheel, a few screws holding stalks on. Just a case of taking off old and replacing with new. The CC stalk slots in with the others....

I can't see why you can't do both at same time as long as code correctly. Not much use I know. but I thought I'd try sell you a DIS stalk if your interested as I have a saloon version spare as I bought 1 accidently thinking it was for avant.
Is it new and boxed mate, if so how much and postage plz

Yes, I did both together. Very little need for a video.... Bolt to take off steering wheel, a few screws holding stalks on. Just a case of taking off old and replacing with new. The CC stalk slots in with the others....
how did you get on with air bag removal as ive never taken one off and thats the only thing that concerns me, the rest i could do with ease.

No second hand but good condition, £15 posted will do. Air bag I just undone the bolts on rear of steering wheel and unplugged it. Make sure wheels are straight as possible and steering wheel goes back on correct spline maybe mark it for reference

No second hand but good condition, £15 posted will do. Air bag I just undone the bolts on rear of steering wheel and unplugged it. Make sure wheels are straight as possible and steering wheel goes back on correct spline maybe mark it for reference
Ok i'll have it, thanks. how do you want paying, andhow shall i get my details to you?

Don't forget to disconnect battery b4 messing with the airbag

Don't forget to disconnect battery b4 messing with the airbag
Its where to go in vcds that im struggling with, only had it a few wks and cant work my way around it yet, any advice on what sub sections to look at?

Hi just installed dis stalk and mfsw.. activated both via vagcom but no function from the stalk buttons .. screenwash low flashed instantly.. am I doin something wrong ? Thanks

You need to earth a pin cant remember which one exactly but should be able to find out as plenty or threads covering subject. Or if you have vcds i once saw when trying to code something else there was something to do with having washer bottle so may be try that. Would of been in instrument at a guess.

Reactions: Wayne p
Hi. Have a 2006 Audi A4 Tfsi 2.0T S Line Avant. I think I have MFSW as it has the sound system controls but i have no dis or cruise. If i bought stalks on line presumably they'd work if programmed correctly? Cheers

Hi. Have a 2006 Audi A4 Tfsi 2.0T S Line Avant. I think I have MFSW as it has the sound system controls but i have no dis or cruise. If i bought stalks on line presumably they'd work if programmed correctly? Cheers
yes i got both mine off ebay only thing to watch is if you have a avant you need the correct stalk to operate the rear wiper the lower crowel part is cheaper from the dealer than second hand sometime even if you the msfw it still may need a different control module

Cheers Martin. Guess it's a bit of a risk not knowing if have correct control module. I was going to get auto elec to do it but wouldnt want to take in if only for them to say it wasnt possible. Seen this, which looks decent value: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/123052661780
to be honest im not sure how to tell @NHN might be better help but it needs coding in so do a search on the vcds map for a local member might be able to help you out for beer tokens
you linked looks a bit on the pricey side im sure i paid about £15 for each stalk just keep looking deffo worth doing tho.

Cheers for that. Not seen any that cheap on ebay yet :/

Only really bothered about DIS tbh. Cruise control not essential. I'll keep looking.

If you have MSFW you should be able to add DIS and cruise without changing the module. Can't say about DIS (already have it) but I added cruise myself, got the stalk for £25 and cut the lower cowling to fit.

Steering Column Control Module
There are 3 types of steering column control modules, only 2 of them support cruise control.

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R

Cheers for responses all. If someone has a spare cruise and dis stalk set with cowling too, I'd be willing to buy at a fair price?