1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Fit Cruise Control

mikeA2B Sep 26, 2004

  1. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    Hi am thinking of having the retro fit cruise control fitted to my A4, I was originally quoted £350 by Audi Preston and about a month later when I booked in they said it was over £600 to which I cancelled the booking.
    Has any one had this fitted to their A4 and how much was it and where from.

    Cheers.
     
  2. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    As far as i know it is drive by wire (no throttle cable) so i suppose the kit works a bit like plug and play into the ECU?
     
  3. ajmackie

    ajmackie Member

    922
    0
    16
    yeah. on the B5 A4 drive by wire, you simply changed the stalk and hit a button on vagcom (program ECU). Would have thought it would be pretty much as simple as that on yours. So I wouldn't pay AUDI ££££'s !!!!!!!
     
  4. jdp1962

    jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

    7,941
    2,362
    113
    Try Fontain Audi. They offer an OEM after fit service for £300 plus VAT all in. Here's the homepage link. Click on "Sales", then "Accesories", and follow your nose. They're in Bucks, which is a schlep from you, but ask & you might find they can do it on a supply-only deal.

    http://www.fontain.co.uk/


     
  5. arthurfuxake

    arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

    1,308
    0
    36
    Give Links Audi In Macc a ring. They retro-fitted mine for £170. Depending on your control module, it may need to be changed which will cost an extra £100 plus labour. They didn't realise that mine needed a new control module and had already fitted the new stalk, so they threw the new module in foc as they had already quoted me the price.
     
  6. jdp1962

    jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

    7,941
    2,362
    113
    [ QUOTE ]
    Lon said:
    Give Links Audi In Macc a ring. They retro-fitted mine for £170. Depending on your control module, it may need to be changed which will cost an extra £100 plus labour. They didn't realise that mine needed a new control module and had already fitted the new stalk, so they threw the new module in foc as they had already quoted me the price.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Great price, whichever. Are they an Audi main agent?
     
  7. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    Hi rang Lnks Audi but the price is now £350 inc parts, labour & VAT

    Audi Warrington have quoted me £212.57 or £279.52 if they have to do something with the ECU
    Prices include parts, labour & VAT but cannot book me in till 22 october, so I booked it anyway so problem solved.

    will let you know what its like when its fitted.

    Cheers!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
     
  8. That seems like a very good price considering I paid £400 to have cruise control fitted in the factory! (A4 Cab)
     
  9. arthurfuxake

    arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

    1,308
    0
    36
    DOH!!!!!
    Got onto the motorway last night, tilted the seat back slightly, pushed the "SET" button on the stalk when I reached 76mph, took my foot off the accelerator, and nothing........... Damn cc not working. Cc indicator light on dash doesn't come on either. tried moving the stalk in all directions, even pulled off the motorway to stop and restart the car....still nothing. Waiting for a call from the dealer. Watch this space.
     
  10. blackwood

    blackwood Member

    67
    0
    6
    Hi Guys,
    Don't know if its the same,but I had cruise fitted to my A3 tdi quattro using all factory stalks etc by Stealth Racing of Southam,they charged me £175+vat and took just over an hour,very very pleased...Hope this may help..

    Regards Blackwood
     
  11. a4sline

    a4sline Member

    185
    1
    16
    Different system to the A3. You need to change steering wheel control unit, fit the new switch and a modified lower cowling and then code up the steering wheel unit, code the ABS control unit and then tell the Enging control unit to activate CCS. I've done loads of them. Takes about an hour. PM if you want it done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
     
  12. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    wish i knew before i booked car in + you quite far from manchester.
     
  13. a4sline

    a4sline Member

    185
    1
    16
    Only a phone call to cancel and yes I can meet you on the motorway services somewhere. Takes about 1/2 - 3/4 hour to fit. PM me if you want it done, I live in the midlands
     
  14. a4sline

    a4sline Member

    185
    1
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    ronny said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    a4sline said:
    Different system to the A3. You need to change steering wheel control unit, fit the new switch and a modified lower cowling and then code up the steering wheel unit, code the ABS control unit and then tell the Enging control unit to activate CCS. I've done loads of them. Takes about an hour. PM if you want it done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Can you fit them to a A4 B6? a few drinks would be in it if possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yep, any B6 A4 just let me know if you want to meet to have it installed.
    Don't see why the dealers should have all the easy stuff !!!
     
  15. imported_ronny

    imported_ronny Guest

    0
    0
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    a4sline said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    ronny said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    a4sline said:
    Different system to the A3. You need to change steering wheel control unit, fit the new switch and a modified lower cowling and then code up the steering wheel unit, code the ABS control unit and then tell the Enging control unit to activate CCS. I've done loads of them. Takes about an hour. PM if you want it done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Can you fit them to a A4 B6? a few drinks would be in it if possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yep, any B6 A4 just let me know if you want to meet to have it installed.
    Don't see why the dealers should have all the easy stuff !!!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Thanks alot, I defo want it done, so yeah we can meet up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif where abouts are you??
     
  16. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    A4Sline - you have PM
     
  17. a4sline

    a4sline Member

    185
    1
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    A4Q180 said:
    Hi, am thinking of retro fitting cruise control to my 2003 A4 Quattro 2.5 Tdi 180. Does anyone have the relevant code for Vag-Com to activate cruise control.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sorry, don't use the vagcom thingy, only use the Audi VAS system.
    If you go into 01 Engine ECU and select 'activate ccs' Then install switch and code Steering wheel ecu. Hope it helps
     
  18. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    add me too chris rollershutters@hotmail.com

    And thanks too for the offer, mind you I think you might be busy for next couple of months LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
     
  19. imported_G4JSG

    imported_G4JSG Guest

    0
    0
    0
    I'll go for it too if that's OK? I'm in the North West but travel around a lot so could meet up to get it done.

    Thanks
    JOhn
     
  20. a4sline

    a4sline Member

    185
    1
    16
    Mike- I'll call you tonight to arrange the fit got the parts sorted all ok for Sunday.

    Ronny- Not a prob, need a few special tools to take the steering wheel, air bag slip ring and lower cowling off. If someone in the know on this site wants to arrange a meet then I'm more than happy to oblige. All I need is chassis numbers so I can get the correct stalk, cowl and control unit if required. Let me know. I'm only about 3/4 hour from Bristol could meet at Magor services

    G4JSG- I can arrange a meet as and when. PM if needed
     
  21. imported_G4JSG

    imported_G4JSG Guest

    0
    0
    0
    WOW, Cruise and no hassle. Thanks Chris.

    Just the factory fit I was hoping for too, what an easy drive home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

    If anyone is tempted then I would say go for it. It took about an hour and just looks like it came out of the factory, all VAG parts and very simple to use.

    Thanks again Chris and nice to meet you Mike.

    John
     
  22. mikeA2B

    mikeA2B Member

    385
    0
    16
    Yep Thanks Chris, you are a true pro.
    All the parts are VAG and the job looks super and the Cruise Control works perfectly.

    Nice meeting you too John,

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    Mike (Chuffed)
     

Share This Page