Retro-fit Bose

Freddiedog

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether you can retro-fit the bose sound system, if so how much will it cost?

For what it would probably cost I'd probably fit a different setup myself. I had a really nice Focal/JL setup in my last A3 which sounded awersome. Got Bose in my new A3 only because I couldn't be botered putting the interior to bits on this A3 to fit wires etc lol.

I guess if you found someone selling 2nd hand Bose parts and fitted them yourself it could be quite cheap. Just Audi Parts prices would be stupid money I'd guess for all the Bose parts required.

Si

As Si said it would be easier to upgrade your system to aftermarket gear than fit bose

I contemplated the idea but went for aftermarket

I have 6.5" Focal KP2 components up front, Becker Grand Prix head unit, 2 genesis amps, audiocontrol eql and diamond D6 10"

great system for SQ

A mate of mine looked into this retrofit. It was a lot of work and the cost of the parts from Audi almost made his hair fall out. Needless to say he didn't do it.

a decent aftermarket set anyway will kick the *** off any bose system

Boydie said:
a decent aftermarket set anyway will kick the *** off any bose system

Having removed the Bose setup in mine and replaced it with a decent aftermarket setup I'd tend to agree.

Retro fit Bose would be a big job as it uses a totally different wiring configuration to the non-Bose. The Bose wiring loom is installed at the factory whilst it is in build.

Paul

Boydie said:
focals will fit straight in si lol
I know I had the Focal K2 Power Comps in my last A3 it's ust having to wire in amps etc which takes time running cables up and down the car. Then I had JL W3's and, caps and more amps lol. Wanted the practicality of having a usuable boot again in this car lol.