1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro-fit Bluetooth mobile phone help

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by bearboy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. bearboy

bearboy New Member

[Jul 9, 2009]
    Hi,

I've been told by an Audi dealer that you cannot retro-fit a bluetooth phone connection into an 06 A4 if it hasn't got MMI. I've seen websites which say differently.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

Thanks,

C.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 10, 2009]
    okay - I'm feeling guilty constantly recommending HazzyDayz (VWcruise.com), so it's only fair to point out that I'm pretty sure TCLsatnav and Prime Prestige (enquiries@primeprestige.com) also offer this same service.

The only ones I've had expereince of are HazzyDayz, but I belive Prime Prestige were cheaper (and they're very good on comms), but based somewhere near Sheffield.... so too far North for me.... and HazzyDayz travel to you / place of work!

None are that cheap though: non OEM versions are £200-ish inc fitting and OEM is around £300, I think! I had the "SDS high" voice control linked into my steering controls when I got mine doen, so it cost a bit more than that.... but now I get to say "Navigate: to Home", "Telephone, Call home", "Telephone, call the bossy one" (the missus)... etc, etc.... which is very convenient :)

Please note NOT to use nicknames for your mother-in-law, etc unless the missus already knows about the nicknames!
  4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 11, 2009]
    bearboy... what headunit do you currently have?

Here's another interesting option if you just have the base level headunits: Becker GP9772

This should give you an OEM looking MP3 player that includes Bluetooth...

Noit sure how well it links in with DIS / steering controls though...