Resetting service light

just017

Reaction score
My Audi was serviced by a friend who does all his car last week, but his vag com cable didn't fit the port on my A3, i looked in the user manual and it says you can reset the service indicator by pulling on the right hand side button located on the front display. But when i pull it nothing happens or does anything. All it does is reset the second mileage indicator if i push it in.

Anyone know?

Try this:

"To reset the standard display manually, switch off the ignition, then press and hold down the trip reset button beneath the speedometer. Turn the digutal clock reset button clockwise, and the trip display will now show 'service---' Depress the clock reset knob as required to alternate between individual services, however do not zero the display, otherwise incorrect readings will be shown"

Hmmm well i had another look and didn't quite work as you said:
The digital clock button doesnt turn, its just a push in or pull, same with trip reset button.

What i done was: pull the trip reset button to display 'service now over due by 200 miles' then pulled it again while that was displayed. The screen then showed ' Service in - - - days - - - miles. By clicking the trip reset button in/out it just takes it back to the default screen with the rado etc. But now when i pull the trip button, it says ' Service in 800miles 365 days.

Is this correct? i dont want it to be in 800 days

my S3 is due for a service at 19000 mls. l phoned and asked what was involved. they said oil and pollen filter. just had the oil done 2000 mls ago and l can change the filter myself, hopefully. if l reset the service indicator will it count down to the next?