Resetting service light.

SnoopS3

You cant beat German
Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked a billion times before but i couldnt find anything in the FAQ's.

Is there a way for me to reset the "Service" warning that comes up on the dash when service is due? Its getting serviced on Monday by a friend at a garage and he says he cant reset it.

Im sure my device can reset that . Its like a vag com but cost £20

SnoopS3
user_online.gif

You cant beat German

Yes you can, just use a baseball bat like everyother nationality.

0. Display reads "Service!" when you first start the car.
1. With the ignition key in the off position, push and hold the right button under the speedometer. This is the button you use to reset the trip odometer also.
2. Turn the ignition key to the on position, but don't start the engine. Keep holding down the right button while you turn the key.
3. Push the left button under the tachometer. Your service light should reset to say something like "Service in 8100 miles."

cheers for that.

should get the car back soon, got a bad feeling that something is broken tracking wise!! Its pulling to the left and there is a knocking sound during slow cornering. Track rod end?

Yeah could be a tie rod, common thing to need replacing on the 8L

just got it back now.
It needs an O/S lower ball joint (possibly why its pulling?) 3 exhaust clamps and the rear pads will need replaced soon. All in all its looking good for MOT time in January :blackrs4: