1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting central locking ?.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by pauly7, Jul 15, 2012.

1. pauly7

pauly7 New Member

[Jul 15, 2012]
    I did a search and I'm sure it's on here somewhere but anyway, I removed the battery to clear out the drain plugs and now the central locking isn't working from the fob, works on the key though so what's the correct way to reset so it works from the fob ?. Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. Oddie

Oddie Member

[Jul 15, 2012]
    I had to do this a few weeks ago. Not sure whether i did it the "correct" way but i put the key in the ignition, started the car up and then pressed the unlock button, followed by the lock button. It didn't make any noises but as soon as i removed the key and tried the key fob it worked straight away. Hope this helps
  4. pauly7

pauly7 New Member

[Jul 15, 2012]
    Thanks Oddie, I read something similar that said turn the key to first position and then hold the fob lock button for 30 seconds followed by the unlock button for 30 seconds, I'll give it a try unless anyone else knows different ?.
  5. Oddie

Oddie Member

[Jul 15, 2012]
    I didn't do that with mine pal, just started it up, pressed both buttons once and that was it, job done.
  6. pauly7

pauly7 New Member

[Jul 15, 2012]
    Just looked in the handbook, followed the instruction and the car locked on the remote, hopefully it's sorted.